Status: I just started this fic - expect a chapter at least every week

I See Your True Colors

of this teenage televised

The trio pulled into a burger shack somewhere in Missouri. The shack lacked color and it was dreary. It looked like a broken down concrete barn, but Dean promised the burgers were spectacular. Once Tori got out of the Impala, Dean pushed her up against the car.

"Just have to make sure," he said, his forearm pressed against her chest. Sam came around to the side of the car, and handed Dean a silver knife.

"Woah, woah!" Tori screamed. "What are you doing?"

"Just making sure you aren't anything," Sam answered. "You aren't a demon, because there's a devil's trap built under the hood of the car. Don't worry, we'll do the same."

Dean let Tori go, and gestured for her arm. She reluctantly rolled up her sleeve, and Dean made a clean mark against her forearm. She wiped the crimson liquid with her shirt, eyeing the boys. "See?" The brothers both cut their arm with the knife afterwards.

"Well, can we go get some burgers now?" Dean said, pushing his sleeve down.

-----

"I can't believe you," Dean hissed. "Why on Earth did you get a salad, Sam?"

"Because Dean, some people like to watch what they eat," Sam retorted.

Tori sat on the opposite side of the booth from the two. Even though the lighting was poor, she could finally get a good look at Dean. Dean's sandy, short hair made his hazel-green eyes sparkle, but she could see his vitality was gone, just by the tiredness in his eyes. He had the kind of smile that could make the skies clear on rainy days, cure cancer, or even bring broken lovers mind to body. It was a one in a kind smile that only came out twice in the two days Tori knew him.

"So, Tori, how long you been in the game?" Dean asked, ignoring Sam.

"About six years, you?" she answered, taking a sip of water. Her body still hurt and she was weak from losing so much blood, and her appetite wasn't fully back yet.

"Raised into it," the two answered at the same time. They both looked at each other in an odd way.

"We have GOT to stop doing that," Dean said and Sam scoffed. Dean moved his attention back to Tori. "But, yeah. Our mom was killed by a demon. Our dad raised us into the life. Do you always hunt alone?"

"For the last year, yeah," she answered. "I used to hunt with my boyfriend. Long story short, he died, I had no where to go so I just continued hunting."

"Sorry to hear that," Sam said. "This life is really difficult, but you have us now."

-----

They made it to South Dakota by the end of the night, and Tori briefly met their friend, Bobby. Bobby and Sam both went to bed, while Tori and Dean sat outside of Bobby's house on his front stoop with a six pack of beers. The only form of light was the moonlight, and the only sound was the rush of wind through the trees and the crickets that only buzzed during the twilight.

While Dean opened his second beer, Tori looked at Dean.

"Did you mean it?"

Dean looked up at her as he opened the bottle with his hand. "Mean what?"

"That I have you guys now."

"Why would you think we wouldn't mean it?" he scooted closer to her, handing her the beer he just opened.

Tori took a quick swig of the beer. "No one in my life stays with me."

Dean let out a small laugh and then smiled at her. "We're gonna be here for you, and we ain't gonna leave even when you get sick of us."

Tori beamed a smile at Dean. "Can I ask you a question?"

"What is it?"

"If you could get out of hunting, would you?"

Dean sighed, leaning back against the railing of the stairs. "I think every hunter asks themselves that question, but in reality, there is no way of getting out of hunting. Believe me, I've tried. I tried to settle down and have a family, but bringing my world into someone else's world isn't possible."

"My boyfriend brought me into hunting. I was lost, afraid. I met him, and he showed me the life of hunting. Then last year, we were on a case and he got turned into a vampire. I.. I had to kill him. And, there's not a day when I don't think about it. I should have done something..."

"No, don't say that. Don't blame yourself. You're too pretty to worry about the past. You have us now, and we can be as much of a family and we will be there for you," he said reassuringly, putting his arm around her shoulders and pulling her close.

Tori looked up at Dean, nodding and giving him a smile. They made eye contact for a few seconds, and their heads moved closer to each other. Right before their lips were going to press, there was a "whoosh" in front of them, and a man stood in front of them. Tori's heart almost jumped out of her chest, and she tried to scurry away.

"Tori, Tori, it's okay! It's okay!" Dean said and then growled. "Cas, are you serious? Could you have picked a better time to fly on in here?"

"I am sorry, Dean," the man in the trench coat said.

"Who is that?" Tori said in almost a shriek.

"My friend, Cas. He's an angel, and a dick," Dean shot Cas a dirty look.

"Dean, I am sorry, but I need your help. I will be back in the morning," he said, and then disappeared.

Dean let out a groan and then looked at Tori. "I'm sorry about him. Let's go inside and get some rest, yeah?"

The two went inside, and went to the pull-out couch since Bobby and Sam took the only two beds in the house. Tori and Dean used different blankets, but they were pressed against each other all night.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah sorry this took a long time to update and its kinda a filler but yeah i hope you enjoy!! rate, comment, subscribe!! xoxo