Status: I just started this fic - expect a chapter at least every week

I See Your True Colors

taping of love.

The sun was peaking through the dusty curtains of the living room, and the mumbling of several voices was the only thing Tori heard when she woke. She rolled over across the pull out couch, and stood to her feet as she examined the room. The bookshelves in the room were filled with various books about hunting. She picked up a book from the desk in the room that almost looked like a journal. Her fingers flipped through the handwritten book. Before she could actually begin to read the pages, the sound of feet walking up the porch startled her, and she put the book down.

"Tori?" she heard Dean say, and then he appeared in the doorway of the living room. He looked choked up and stressed out as his jawline tightened.

"Yeah, what's up?" she asked, pushing a lock of hair from her eyes.

"We have to.. we're going to Kansas. All of us. We gotta go somewhere safe," he said, grabbing a few articles of clothing from the futon that he used as sheets.

"What's going on--" she started, but he cut her off.

"Please, just pack some of this stuff up. We gotta hurry out of here," he cried, shoving a few books in the bag he was carrying.

Sam walked in with the man Tori barely met from the night before, and Bobby followed after them. In a half hour, the four of them cleared out the entire house besides the furniture. All of the clothing, books, and hunting utensils were thrown into Dean's car, and also Bobby's. The weather was gloomy and dark; the coldness biting at Tori's skin. She was only wearing her jacket, that was still covered in her dried blood, and a pair of threadbare pants that she owned from her teenage years, that still fit snug.

"My backseat's full, Bobby. You wanna take Sam and follow behind us?" Dean said as he slammed his trunk shut.

"Meet cha there," Bobby answered as he climbed into his truck.

Tori watched the man wearing a trench coat walk up to Dean, pull him aside, and whisper something into his ear. Dean nodded, and then the man disappeared. Dean then turned to her as he walked back to the car.

"The ride's about six hours, so you might as well take a nap," he chuckled, opening the driver's side door and getting in. Tori got into the passenger's seat, watching as Dean faltered with putting the keys in the ignition.

"What's going on?" she asked calmly, her head tilted to the side in a confused manner.

He sighed as he pulled out of the driveway, onto the road. "It's a long story, Tor. I doubt you'll even believe me. I'll tell you when it's time, alright? But now, you gotta stay with us. It's not safe out there."

She pursed her lips together. "I'll trust you, Dean, but I want some clue as to where we're going at least."

"Sam and I got this bunker in Kansas. Ever hear of the Men of Letters?" Tori shook her head. "Well, it was a secret organization that dealt with supernatural stuff. It's a long story, but our grandfather was part of it, and we kinda just.. got it. The Men of Letters doesn't exist anymore, so we got it all to ourselves. It's the supernatural mother lode. It's got all kindsa stuff about anything you can imagine. Nothing evil ever created can get inside. It's the most safest place on the Earth for us to go."

"You have a lot of 'long stories', don't you?" she flashed a smile at him.

"My life is just a long story, literally," he said with a small laugh.

-----

The bunker completely blew Tori's mind. It was like something in a movie, how big and how elegant it was. When the four of them got there, the man in the trench coat appeared outside with them. Tori and the man walked inside, carrying a few bags each. The man looked at Tori as the three men, Dean, Sam, and Bobby, started to take the gear from the cars and bring them into the bunker, taking a few trips each. He walked over, holding out his hand.

"I didn't properly introduce myself, Victoria. My name is Castiel," he said, shaking her hand.

"You can call me Tori," she answered as she gave him a smile.

"Tori. Alright, Tori. Please do not be afraid of me, I can feel you get scared when you see me."

"Dean said that you're an angel, but angels don't exist. Do they?"

"Not the way you think, but yes. Heaven does exist, and there are angels; a lot of them. But be careful around them. They aren't how you would think they are."

"If you say so, Castiel," she answered, and Dean signaled for the two of them to shut the door as he dumped the rest of the stuff on the ground inside the bunker.

Castiel shut the door, and Cas and Tori walked downstairs to where Bobby, Sam, and Dean were standing. Bobby took a deep breath, as if catching his breath and sat down at a table in the middle of the room.

"Can you guys start putting this stuff away? I'm gonna show Tori around," Dean said, looking at Tori as he led her down a hallway.

"So your friend, he really is an angel?" she said after he showed her a room filled with cabinets filled with books.

"Yeah, he is. One of my best friends, too. He's saved all of our lives countless of times," Dean said, turning the lights off in the room.

"I didn't think they existed," she confessed.

"I didn't either, but I've been to Heaven. It's real, but it's not perfect," he answered. "Here we are..." he said as he opened a door. Inside was just a bed and a dresser, with a bathroom attached to it. "This is your room. My room's right next door, if you ever need me."

Tori's eyes lit up with happiness. She didn't remember having her own bedroom since she was a teenager, but she was more thrilled to not be sleeping in a motel room. "Thank you, thank you so much Dean!" she cried, throwing her arms around him. He was a bit taken back, but hugged her tightly.

"There's some clean towels in the closet. You really look like you could take a shower. When you get out, there will be dinner out, and we'll all be in the main room, alright? Just go down the hall and take a left, and you'll find your way there."

She gave him another hug, and then rushed into the bathroom. She lost track of time, but estimated she was in the shower for fourty five minutes. She tried to scrub away some of her blood that was still on her skin, but she still felt dirty. When she got out, she looked in the mirror at herself; she had bags under her eyes, and the scar of the vampire bite on her neck was still red. She rubbed her fingertips over it, wincing slightly. She quickly dried off and walked into her room. Looking through the closet, she found a sweater that was two sizes too big, and a pair of pants that she had to fold over twice to stay at her waist. Following Dean's instructions, she walked down the hallway, took a left, and met the four of them for burritos in the main room.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is kind of short but theres gonna be a lot of action next chapter so please subscribe, comment, and rec!! xoxoxo