A Walking Travesty

Chapter Two

As the days went by, an awkward silence remained between the two. However they sat together in most subjects, as neither had anyone else. Jack said hello most days, only to get no reply from Alex. He knew it from the start, it was safer to keep quiet, and not say anything. Talking only ever ended in trouble.
"Okay class, I'm pairing you up for a project. You have to debate with your partner a topic of your choice. Whether you believe in the point you are arguing or not is irrelevant. You need someone for, and someone against."
Alex groaned. He hated school projects. They weren't so bad when they were individual, but he hated the thought of having to go to someone else's house, to work with someone that he barely knew. He bit his lip, hoping that he'd get someone who would either do all of the work for him, or would leave him to do all of the work - That way, they didn't have to communicate.
"Okay, I'm going to read the list in register order... Starting with... Jack Barakat. You're with Alex Gaskarth."
Great. Alex glared over at the boy to his left, who was grinning, as always. Jack was the last person who he wanted to do this project with - especially after his outburst. The teacher continued to read out names, and Jack continued to stare at Alex, grinning. Alex snapped his head round, raising an eyebrow at the boy. "You want something?" He asked.
"Oh, no." Jack replied, that stupid, irresistible grin not leaving his face. "I was just admiring how beautiful you are."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the short update :s hopefully there will be another update tomorrow, and maybe it will make up for this short one? ;;) anyway, thanks for reading, bye :)