A Walking Travesty

Chapter Three

Alex sat on the sofa in Jack's house, it had been a week since they had been paired together. He still couldn't get over the fact that Jack had called him beautiful, though, he was probably just trying to raise his self esteem. Nobody ever meaningfully complimented him, not like that.
"So... What do you want to do... I mean, for the argument thingy?"
Alex jumped, so lost in his thoughts that he hadn't even noticed the other enter the room. He looked up, biting his lip.
"I don't know." He replied, truthfully. He had honestly planned nothing, and had hoped that Jack had it all figured out.
"Oh..." He could hear the disappointment in Jack's voice, the disappointment he was used to. He gulped, trying to think of something, quickly. He didn't want Jack to loose faith in him. He was the only person who believed in him, who cared about him.
"Gay rights?" He suggested, immediately regretting it. Great, Jack now knew he was gay. Well, probably guessed. He looked to the floor. He didn't want to look up. The smile from Jack's face had probably faded, a look that Alex now dreaded to see. Before, he thought his grin was annoying, and wanted it to fade. But now, all he dreaded was that smile not to be there. He knew it wouldn't be. He refused to look up.
"Yeah, that's a great idea!"
Alex snapped his head up, happy to see that smile still present on his face. He smiled himself, smiling properly for the first time in what seemed like years.
"Uhm... Yeah, okay I guess then..." Alex blushed, looking back to the floor again. However, this time, he was not afraid, he was not sad. For once he was happy.
-------------------------------------------------------
Alex lay back, his head in Jack's lap, a book covering his face.
"I didn't know we'd have to do so much research..." He moaned. "Where did you even get these books, anyway?"
Jack shrugged. "Dunno. My parents are interested in equality... You know, and stuff."
Alex grinned. "That's cool." He sighed, half out of overworking himself, and half out of relief. "Can we take a break?" He asked, fluttering his eyelashes. He giggled. "Pleeease. I need a coke or something."
Alex looked up, watching as Jack sighed and rolled his eyes. "Fine." Alex smiled, sitting up. He continued to sit in this position until Jack came back, with two cans of coke. "You actually have coke? I was kidding." He shrugged. "But thanks." He smiled, taking the coke, letting his head fall back into Jack's lap. He smiled again, giggling as he opened the coke. It was fine, until Jack opened his, which happened to go everywhere. Mainly all over Alex, since he was sitting just below where Jack was opening the can. He gasped.
"Jack!" He giggled. "I'm soaked, you idiot."
Jack blushed. "Uhhh... You can borrow one of my tops, wait a minute."
Alex watched Jack disappear into the hallway, hearing his soft footsteps. He heard them again as Jack came back down, catching the jumper that was thrown at him and putting it on, grinning. It smelt nice, like Jack. He nuzzled his face into Jack's chest, wishing these few moments could last forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah so I literally just wrote this on the coach back from a school trip so sorry if it's a little bad it's kinda rushed... But it's longer than the last one at least :p