A Walking Travesty

Chapter Four

The next day wasn't such a great day for Alex. After remembering what had happened the evening before, he felt sick, and didn't think he could face Jack. He grew nervous, nervous that Jack would tell someone, or make fun of him. His gulped, hands shaking as he straightened out his clothing in the mirror. It was funny, how he could go from perfectly fine one day to being a freak the next. He hated it.
"Hi Alex."
Alex kept his head facing downwards, today not wanting to see that familiar warm smile. He was too scared, that he would see that the boy was hiding something, or perhaps smirking, or laughing. He didn't reply, either. He stayed silent, wanting to be close to Jack, but at the same time, wanting to be so far away. Then he felt a soft, warm hand slip into his own and blushed, finally looking up at the boy, who was still grinning. There was no smirk, no laughter and no fakery. He smiled a little himself, but then grew anxious as he realised that his hand was still holding onto the others, and quickly snapped it away.
"Sorry." He gulped. "I-I don't want to be t-touchy today." He mumbled quietly.
Silence fell. Jack said nothing, and nor did Alex. He just stared into the boys sad eyes, and watch his smile fade a little. It hurt, to see Jack like this. Jack who never stopped smiling. Jack who never cried. Yet here he was, looking on the verge of tears. But Alex couldn't do anything. He was too scared of his emotions.
For the rest of the day, Jack and Alex didn't speak. Jack sat, staring into space, looking like he was about to cry any minute. Alex sat, staring at him, on the verge of tears himself from seeing the boy in such a state. It was as if, even though they didn't speak, they both knew what the other was thinking, and wanting to say. Please don't hate me, I love you.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry I took so long to update and I'm sorry it's so short! Next one will be quicker and longer I hope, but I have loads of tests this week and next week so I'm not promising :c but I love you all loads so it will definitely be longer x :3 thanks for still reading ily so much