A Walking Travesty

Chapter Five

Weeks went by, and still Jack and Alex didn't speak. Alex felt bad, because the other had never seemed so sad. And everyone else seemed to notice it, too. They would comfort Jack, and stay away from Alex. What if Jack had spread rumors, or told everyone what had happened between them? Alex sighed, looking up as the other walked into the classroom, surrounded by 'friends', who obviously just wanted to know all of the gossip. Jack must have told them everything. But Jack was his best friend, maybe something more. If he couldn't trust Jack of all people, he couldn't trust anyone.
Alex jumped, and was snapped out of his thoughts as a small piece of paper was thrown onto his desk. His hands shook a little as he opened it, expecting it to be something awful. A comment such as 'You fag, you think you can get Jack?!'. Luckily, it wasn't. He smiled, and looked up, staring into a pair of familiar brown eyes. He blushed a little, smiling in return as the other did, nodding and watching as Jack slipped down into the seat beside him, entwining their fingers together under the desk. Jack hadn't told anyone. He didn't want anyone to know. Alex was safe, with Jack. He squeezed the others hand, taking out a pencil and placing it in his other hand. Though it was inconvenient to write with his left hand, he wanted his friendship with Jack to be back more than anything, so he did it anyway.
"You can let go, if you like."
Alex smiled as he heard the other speak to him, forgetting how soft and lyrical his voice could be.
"No. I don't want to." He replied. "Anything, anything to be close to you." He kept his voice quiet, so nobody could hear. Jack was his little secret, though he didn't know that yet. In his head, Jack was his life. He was his boyfriend. Yeah. In his mind. He wished it could be more. Perhaps it would be. He just had to wait and see.
And nobody knew what was on that little note, that little piece of paper. Apart from Alex, and Jack. And that was the way it was going to stay, until the day of their death. That little scrap piece of paper, it changed everything. It was a good thing that Jack had that kind of confidence, otherwise, Alex would let their relationship fall apart. Not because he didn't love Jack, not because he didn't want him. But because he didn't know how to deal with that kind of thing. It was good that Jack wasn't like him. After all, opposites attract.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so bad at uploading I'm so sorry! But I do actually have a legit excuse this time - My phone broke :( was writing it on there, but I guess I'll have to use the computer from now on... Sorry x I also have a good idea for a next fic but I want to finish this one first... So maybe the next chapters will be up sooner? Also, I accidentally uploaded this when it wasn't finished, sorry about that. And oh my god, it's so cliche I'm sorry.