You Don't Have to Stay Forever.

Another day.

Image

Hôtel Martinez, Cannes.

Tom is listening to headphones in a lift with Summer. She notices the music “I love the Smiths”.

“Sorry?” he asks before taking his headphones off.

“I said I love the Smiths” she said glancing at him briefly “You... You have good taste in music”.

“You... like the Smiths?” Tom asked as if not believing what she just said.

“To die by your side, such a heavenly way to die” she sung bobbling her head lightly “I love ‘em” the lift stops, Summer leaves while Tom remains dumbfounded.

“Holy shit” he says finally.


Anna felt a tap on the car’s window, making her look away from the movie playing on her iPad, Arthur, the driver, announced that they have arrived to the location for the photo shoot and the girl put the iPad in her bag before stepping out. Sun is in the sky, there ain’t a cloud in sight, this kind of weather was really good for her to get in the mood for working, she was aware that today probably was going to be a long day at the set. A middle aged woman greeted Anna before leading the way inside the hotel, all the people that come and go stopped and said hello to the young supermodel. The woman stopped in the middle of a big foyer, before showing Anna the makeup station where she would sit facing the huge windows that let the light in as everyone was setting everything up for the shooting.

“Good morning Miss Asher” greeted makeup artist Jeremy, seeing his familiar face was soothing to Anna, who was always a bit nervous before shooting “it is such an honour to do your makeup for the hundredth time” a childish chuckle escaped from her pink lips.

“It’s nice to see you too Jeremy. Is Peter here already?” she asked before sitting down the chair and sipping on the hot mug of tea that a crew member placed in a small table by her.

“He arrived five minutes before you and Tom did” Jeremy was combing the girl's hair softly but rapidly while Anna scanned the room for her co-star. Tom Hiddleston was standing near photographer Peter Lindbergh, they both were chatting as she was receiving the last makeup touches from Jeremy “Done, go get dressed” Anna rose and walked to the wardrobe area where she slipped into the clothes careful not to damage Jeremy’s work on hair and makeup.

After fifteen minutes and with an extra pair of hands she walked towards the photographer who greeted the girl with a hug and a kiss on each of her cheeks.

“Let’s get started” he called out to the crew before explaining to the supermodel and British actor what they had to do “Tom please have a seat here while Anna takes this one across from you” Peter led the two of them out the glass doors as his actors took their places he explained further “as you both have read in the script this is meant to be a ‘spring romance’ between the two of you so pretend to be having a fling” Tom chuckled and so did Anna, the very thought of having an affair with the man before her was sort of ridiculous as Peter kept going on about what he expected from this shooting, Anna thought that maybe pairing the two of them wasn’t a good idea, whoever decided to cast Britain’s most famous supermodel with an older and very well-educated actor was out of their mind.

Peter snapped a couple of photographs and shared the same thought as Anna. The couple before him was not convincing enough, they really needed to act more or probably stop acting too much, as he continued with the shooting he decided to stop and walk over to lecture them a bit more.

“Anna look at Tom please” he instructed and she obeyed “Tom look at Anna” the blue eyed actor didn’t need to, because he was already looking at her “you are meeting up here, seems like the first time but it’s not, you have known each other for quite a long time, you have exchanged glances without anyone noticing and you have finally the chance of being alone, there’s no one else but the two of you here” Anna nodded with a smile and so did Tom. The photographer walked back and snapped the next shots, things looked better, not the way he wanted them to look but much better, they still didn’t look like lovers.

As the day went by, the shots of the couple were done and now Peter had to shoot a few photos of them separately. Anna was up first while Tom went to have lunch. The photographer instructed the girl and finished quickly, she was good he had to admit but his mind kept wondering why she couldn’t show the same emotions when she was shooting along with Tom.

Peter called up Tom who had finished his turkey sandwich, unlike him, Anna decided to watch his shooting; her co-star leaned in the wooden door looking to his left, back to the camera and held the door with his pale hand. Anna had to admit that although Tom might not be a model, he was a very professional man who knew how to follow a photographer’s command, as the shooting went by, the blonde model found herself staring at Tom, she didn’t even noticed until Peter’s voice rang in her ears.

“He’s quite the heartthrob isn’t he?” Anna felt a little flushed and laughed awkwardly because just then Tom walked over the two of them “Excellent job, that’s a wrap everyone!” the crew clapped briefly before rushing back and forth, gathering everything to the trucks.

Anna trailed behind Tom out of the hotel, her driver was nowhere to be seen and she quickly sent a text to let him know the shoot was over.

“It was nice meeting you, although we didn’t get a chance to chat” Tom said being the gentleman he was. Anna sent him a polite smile, also saying she regretted not being able to ask him anything about his upcoming movies “I hope to hear what you think from them” he said after naming the productions he worked at.

“I will send you a letter or something” she said when a black car pulled over before the two of them, the wind blew ruffling her curled hair and she thanked herself mentally for not wearing a skirt.

“Is this your car?” he asked also feeling the gush of the wind in his face, the girl nodded and Tom opened the door for her.

“Thank you,” she said sheepishly, no one other than her driver had opened the door for her, that kind of chivalry always makes women go weak in the knee and although Anna Asher was not all the girly type, she still was a hopeless romantic, so after saying goodbye to Tom a sigh escaped her lips.

Most people don’t believe in the corny encounters, the ‘boy meets girl’ type of story is truly overrated and Anna knew that is she was meant to meet someone special; it was going to be in a very usual way. But meeting Tom seemed usual; everything from that day seemed ordinary until he opened the door for her.

As she took her iPad out of her bag and saw the paused movie, she remembered how Summer was going to break Tom’s heart, it all started normal for the two of them, until Summer said “I love The Smiths” Anna then put the iPad away and found herself in Tom’s situation, she had felt a sparkle just like he did with Summer.

“Holy shit” she muttered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Things will pick up and you will be mind blown, if you know any good Tom Hiddleston story please send me the link, looking forward to read. Comments and critiques are very welcome.