You Don't Have to Stay Forever.

Can't help falling in love.

Image

Tic, toc.
Tic, toc.
Tic, toc.


The clock ticking was the only noise that could be heard, the tension in the room could be cut with a knife, a sigh came out of the lips of Luke as he rubbed his temple. Tom had called that morning asking him for lunch at his place, Luke happily agreed until the actor said he had something important to tell him. Luke was more than his publicist, he was a dear friend of Tom and he needed his support on this not only as his publicist but as a friend.

“You must be off your trolley” Luke finally said with a shrug, not wanting to believe what his friend just told him.

“You know me better than most people, I can’t lie” the two men stared at each other for a few more minutes before Luke sighed again, this time he was shaking his head, still refusing to believe any word his mate just said “please say something” Tom begged after half another hour of silence, his publicist looked up and met his glare, he seemed pissed but also very confused and disappointed.

“She is not right for you Tom, let it go” Luke sipped on his tea, it was still warm.

“How can you say that? You don’t know her at all” his tone was pleading, he wasn’t the type of man who pleaded and yet here he was, pleading for his friend to understand him.

“I know what kind of intentions she might have with you Tom, if you’re looking for a fling that’s fine by me it might even be good publicity, but moving in together is a whole other story” Tom sighed and shook his head at his friend’s words “seriously, what has gotten into you lately?” Luke said knowing that this behaviour was due to something bothering the actor.

“I’m not getting any younger Luke, I’ve been thinking about taking this step since the night we had dinner at the balcony, it is not a silly call to buy a bigger house for the both of us” the publicist groaned and said that it was a silly call indeed and that it had been only three months since he started dating Anna “if you don’t want to help me that’s fine, I’ll buy it myself” Tom wasn’t really sure if he had the time to do it himself but he wasn’t going to depend on Luke.

“You have the Coriolanus rehearsals and the trip to Sidney for the Thor premiere right around the corner, there is no way you can cancel that just so you can buy a house” his friend was right but he was sure about this being the right time to take a big step on his relationship with Anna “and may ask as well; does she want to move in with you?” Tom said that of course she didn’t know anything about this since he wanted it to be a surprise “well you must tell her beforehand, because if she says no then you have a spare house and a broken ego” Luke wasn’t very fond of Anna, he thought that she was not good enough for Tom and would only hurt his friend’s feelings. Tom’s friends were a bit sceptical with the idea of him dating a young model who was known for partying quite hard, while some of his friends like Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Chris Evans and Hemsworth were happy seeing that Tom was beaming whenever she was with him; his family was still trying to persuade him to get back with his former girlfriend but Tom was head over heels for Anna.

“Why can’t you see I’m willing to take that risk?” the actor said frustrated and nervous “of course I know it’s too soon, it’s a big step, and she might get scared and run off. Believe me I already know what I’m getting myself into”

“Then why do you want to do it anyway?!”

“She’s worth it” that was the moment when Luke saw something different about Tom; he was beaming, glowing with love and after all those years of friendship, he had never seen him like that, his eyes held a twinkle and a light blush coloured his cheeks.

When did he fell in love? Luke didn’t notice, or didn’t want to. He knew that there was something else by the way Tom spoke about her, he would never shut up. Tom’s judgement was clouded by the love he felt for Anna and now Luke couldn’t let him buy a house, if a few months later he still wanted to buy it, then he would let him.

“Look, Tom” Luke’s nagging was interrupted by someone opening the front door and yelling Tom’s name.

Anna ran to the kitchen wearing a big smile, ready to jump into her boyfriend’s arms but stopped when she saw that Luke was there as well. She knew that Tom’s publicist wasn’t her biggest fan.

“Hello there Luke” the blonde model said politely, the publicist just nodded his head acknowledging her greeting, this made Tom upset but before he could apologize for his friend’s behaviour Anna threw her arms around his neck and gave him a soft kiss in the lips. Luke had to look away and stopped himself from scoffing or rolling his eyes, when the couple pulled apart he cleared his throat, gaining back their attention.

“I thought you’d be in Brazil by now” Luke didn’t hide his rude tone, and he didn’t care that his friend would be mad at him for this kind of behaviour towards his girlfriend, Luke knew better than to trust the girl.

“I am leaving tomorrow night” Tom’s face dropped, she had a few commitments in Brazil and he feared that she couldn’t make it to the Thor premiere in Sidney “just dropped by because Tom said he wanted to speak to me before going to Sidney” Anna enjoyed pissing the publicist of and she obviously accomplished her task again because Luke mumbled something before leaving them alone “will he ever like me?” now that they were alone, Anna could share her worries with her boyfriend.

“He will, I promise” Tom assured her before kissing her temple, the question he wanted to ask her was rather serious and it made him nervous, his heart was pounding hard against his chest, Anna noticed something was up and asked if he was alright “yes I’m splendid, you?” the girl chuckled at his politeness making him blush “sorry dear, I am alright but I do have something to talk you about” he lifted her so she was sitting on the kitchen’s counter, they now were practically at the same height.

“What do you wish to discuss?” she encouraged him after he hesitated for a few minutes.

“I know we’ve only been together for three months, you might think I’m daft for asking you this but I am willing to take the risk” Anna nodded, not really sure of what else she could do, he was making very little sense with his rambling “let’s move in together” the blonde girl’s jaw dropped and her blue eyes widened, this all happened in a moment before she pulled herself together and forced a sweet smile, lucky for her Tom didn’t saw her first reaction.

“Why?” she asked casually, as if it was not a big deal.

“Is it too soon? Maybe Luke was right I should have waited” a moment ago he was beaming and now he looked hurt, Anna quickly held his hand and kissed the back of it. She remembered then one night right after London fashion week they both were on their way out of the show she was at, that day was one the best days of her life, the feeling she got when walking down the catwalk and find Tom clapping proudly sitting at the front row was overwhelming. A few paparazzi were following them that night, Tom’s car was parked a few blocks away from the event and they walked while the flashes went off, everything was calm, they were making questions of course about their relationship but neither of them wanted to answer, they just smiled and kept going, then a question made every journalist gasp, the couple stopped and Anna looked worriedly over at Tom.

“Tom how does it feel to be shagging a twenty year old?” that was the question that made Tom’s blood boil, he was furious and wanted to throw the journalist across the road, he wanted to drown him on the Tames river and he would have done that and so many other things if Anna’s pleading eyes weren’t begging him to shove it off. Tom nodded but still glared at the journalist before saying.

“Next time you dare to disrespect her in any way, I will kill you” needless to say that night Tom got laid, he looked so devilishly handsome when he was angry that after shutting the door of his home Anna was all over him. It was an amazing night, the proof that he not only respected her but cared was there and made the model still sigh dreamily to these days, he was her white knight in shiny armour.


“No it isn’t too soon, let’s do it!” Anna said making him beam again before kissing her hard, promising that she wouldn’t regret it and that she could accompany Luke to buy the house, she stopped him from kissing her collarbone “I’m not spending time alone with Luke, he might kill me” Tom chuckled and assured her that they would be just fine “besides, I don’t want you to buy a house”.

“Where are we supposed to live then?” he asked puzzled, looking adorable as ever.

“Well we can live here. Unless you want to live at my flat” Tom shook his head and agreed that they could live in his house, but his plans then went further, he didn’t tell her that he would buy a house when their little toddlers arrived, he had to take one big step at a time.

Anna left after they had lunch, the grey cloudy London sky greeted her with a few rain drops, she didn’t care as she walked up to her flat, her flatmate Georgia singing loudly from the kitchen as she cooked something, Anna noticed that her friend Jourdan and Karlie were there too and sighed, the last two weren’t very sure about her dating Tom, they said that she would become a very boring person due to hanging out with older people, this made her a bit mad, they were being judgemental just because he was older and now she had to break the news to her mates that she was now going to be living with him.

Why couldn’t she refuse?

It wasn’t like he wouldn’t understand, but she didn’t want to let him down. Sure she had a bit trouble with her mates not fully accepting their relationship, but Tom had it worse, none of his family members supported him, they said that her bad reputation would ruin his career. Despite all that, he focused on their relationship, he sent her flowers every Friday with a card that read ‘It’s Friday, I’m in love… WITH YOU’ he would take her to the movies and pretended they weren’t being followed by a big mob of paparazzi.

“Tom asked me to move in with him” she blurted out after her mates asked why she was looking so funny. The three girls before Anna dropped their jaws and glanced at each other, they didn’t see that coming, it was too soon, and they just met a few months ago.

“What did you say?” Georgia being the bravest asked, her tone was cautious, she was fond of Tom from the moment her friend introduced him to her, he seemed very keen of Anna and the way he looked at her was enough for her to approve of him.

“I said yes” then it dawned on her, she would be living with Tom, he would cook breakfast, lunch or dinner for her and no one else. His gorgeous blue eyes would be the first thing she saw in the mornings and of course sometimes they would be a part due to their buy schedules, but he would arrive to their home; their home it didn’t seem to scary now that she thought about it, it would be a good idea.

“Have you gone bonkers?” asked a very shocked Jourdan, making her friend snap out of her daydream “at this rate you’ll be getting married by Christmas Eve!” Karlie supported her friend’s opinion, saying that she had so much left to experience, like going to Tijuana for a crazy ladies night.

“I’m sorry but this is my decision after all, we can still go to Tijuana one day if that’s what you want” her friends groaned in annoyance “what has gotten into you lately? Ever since I am with Tom you two are being silly” Georgia sighed at the three girls, they obviously needed some time alone and she decided to walk out of the kitchen quietly.

“We think that Tom is taking you away from us” Karlie said fiddling with her fingers while Jourdan nodded and said that she was no longer available to hit the pub whenever they were in town “the thing is Anna, we miss you and Georgia might not agree with us but the two of you live together, and get to spend more time with each other”

“And we’re not jealous in any way but he seems to have a quiet, simple life so obviously he doesn’t party like we use to” Jourdan tried to be smooth, but it sounded like they were attacking Tom “if you live with him we’ll never get to see you again!”

“Don’t be ridiculous! You two are obviously my closest friends along with Georgia, Rita and so many other girls, I’m sorry but I feel happy staying at home with him while watching a movie or just talking” the blonde model was trying to explain, and she wanted to make her schedule work for everyone but she couldn’t please every single of her friends “also, you could make an effort to get along with Tom”

“He should be the one making the effort!” Karlie snapped “Anna, get a grip, you’re Great Britain’s most famous model, and you can have any guy you want!”

“Even Prince Harry fancies you! Find yourself a suitable young chap that takes you out to wild parties, someone who take thing slow. Why would you like to rush things? We’re so young, there are so many things we need to” but before Jourdan’s eager speech could go on, Anna rose from the stool she was sitting, her face was flushed with rage and that made her two mates to panic. Anna Asher is probably the most patient girl in Britain or the whole world, but once she snaps, hell is loose.

“Yes, I’m a fool but not for the reasons you think. I am a fool for thinking that you would support me on this, it is a big step and I’m absolutely terrified, also you might want to know that none of his family members is keen to get to know me and I know exactly how he feels when you two are rude to him!” she didn’t weep, that was not like her “I thought we were friends” Karlie rose, fighting back the hot tears that dared to slip and left the flat. Jourdan rose as well a few minutes later, she wanted to apologize but felt too embarrassed, she didn’t want to stay mad at Anna, especially after knowing that she was scared and needed her support. Jourdan hugged her blonde friend tightly before weeping quietly.

When words can’t be said, any sort of keen action is enough.

Georgia walked into the kitchen, saw the two friends embracing each other and smiled; she knew that Karlie would come around after a while. The two girls let go of each other and laughed at how silly they were for fighting.

“Please forgive me for being a wanker” Anna nodded and asked them if they could help her gather her stuff since Tom was expecting her first thing in the morning tomorrow “we can have a sleepover!” Georgia laughed at Jourdan’s eagerness; the three girls made their way to Anna’s bedroom and began to bend the clothes in rucksacks and boxes.

Anna took out a wine bottle from a drawer making her two friends to cheer, they drank straight from the bottle, neither of them wanting to grab glasses from the kitchen, after they were done with the wine, and Georgia went quickly to her room and came back with a bottle of Tequila.

“Now we’re talking” said Anna taking a big gulp, feeling the gold liquor burn her throat as she handed it to Jourdan who also took a long gulp from the bottle, they were making small chat as they packed the clothes, blankets, purses and shoes “I have too much shoes, he probably doesn’t have room for them all” Anna said after staring at her fifty pair of shoes.

“What kind of man asks you to move in if he doesn’t have enough room for your shoes?” asked Georgia before she hiccupped her two friends giggled obviously affected by the alcohol “you can leave a few here and come get them later, don’t worry” Jourdan said she was being too sweet and that she loved her, making Anna laugh loudly.

It had been a while since she got to spend some alone time with her mates, and this made her wonder if this was one of the last moments they would get to spend together. Maybe Karlie was right and she was going to become Tom’s shadow, they would attend to the posh parties instead of the wild ones. She didn’t want to abandon her mates; maybe Georgia would be the only one visiting her in her new home, since she was the only one who got along nicely with Tom.

Anna shoved off those thoughts, this wasn’t the end of the world, she was literally moving just down the street and she could attend to the wild parties by herself if her boyfriend didn’t want to join her. They would go out on holiday and maybe some of her friends could join them, this thought cheered her up, this wasn’t too bad, she was ready to take the risk.

Tom was worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not very fond of writing "filler chapters" so maybe that's why things are happening quite fast but slow at the same time. You get what I'm saying? haha Anyway hope you liked it as much as I liked writing it, such fun.
Leave your comments and criticism and a big THANK YOU to the person who recommended my story, I feel like I just won a BAFTA haha cheers! :)
P.S: Thanks to the seven lovely suscribers, I love you to bits!