Don't Leave Me Alone

One

I was 22 years old. I had just graduated from the University of Pennsylvania and I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. Everyone had their suggestions and input, but none seemed like the right direction. My best friend, Willow, was about the only person who hadn't put some kind of input into what I could do, although I never really asked.

"Well why didn't you ask?" she said, "You know I'm going to Pittsburgh for a medical job with the Penguins, come with me"

"You want me to just up and leave?" I asked, "You're crazy"

"Look Lauren" she started as she took a seat on the edge of my bed, "Your boyfriend just dumped you, you just graduated from an Ivy League university, while the rest of us stuck to community college, and you have no idea what to do. A change is sometimes necessary. A fresh start can mean alot"

I stared at her for a minute while everything swam through my head.

It's too last minute" I thought to myself, "My family would never go for it"

"My mom won't let me do something like that" I told her, "My dad wouldn't care, but mom would consider every little thing and suggest I not do it, and guilt me into staying"

"You are 22 years old, you are an adult. You make your own decisions Lauren. I have an apartment, I have space for you. I'll help you find a job. We'll do just fine"

I sighed, "Maybe you're right"

She squealed a little and wrapped her arms around me, "This will be so much fun!" she exclaimed, "One month from now, everything changes!"

--

"You're really sure this is what you want?" my dad asked.

I nodded, "The breakup with Liam gave me alot to think about, and alot to decide. I need a break from school and a I need a break away from here. Willow is giving me that chance and I think this could be really good for me"

My dad looked anxious and my mom looked over at my dad and sighed, "We can't keep you here forever" she said looking back at me, "and if you think this will help, then we will support you in every way we can"

I took a sigh of relief and looked down at my phone, still hoping Liam might have changed his mind. But it was just Willow, and my hearts sank again as my thumb slid across the screen.

"How did it go with your parents?" the text read.

"Good. It's a go" I sent back and then not soon after, my phone rang and I heard Willow's excited squeal on the other end.

"I can't wait, we are going to have such a great time Lauren!"

Yet, I was still pretty skeptical.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! It's nice to be writing again!