Don't Leave Me Alone

Three

The time had come and so did the goodbyes. My parents kept asking if I was sure, on account of how emotional I was getting, but I kept reassuring them I was just fine. Willow's car turned into the driveway and I sighed and I could see both my parents tense up immediately.

"I'm going to be fine" I told them, "I'm not even that far away!"

My dad sighed, "Doesn't really matter sweetheart, any amount of distance is hard"

I nodded in agreement and heard Willow's quick knock on the door. I stood up to open it and her red hair was pulled back into a ponytail and her smile was huge, even for 9am.

"You ready?" she asked.

I nodded and smiled slightly and my dad grabbed a couple of my bags, "Hi Mr. And Mrs. Brown" she smiled again.

They both smiled and my dad brushed past me with my bags. I threw my purse over my shoulder and gave my mom one last hug, "Honey, you know you can come home whenever you want to"

"I know mom, I love you"

"Love you too sweetheart" her voice broke a little and she was trying to hold the tears back. I squeezed her tightly and she sighed as she pulled back.

"I'll call you when we get settled, okay?"

She nodded and I shut the door behind me. I met my dad for one more hug and another "I love you" before I climbed into the car and waved to him as Willow backed the car out of the driveway.

The drive was fun. The sun stayed out and it was still warm for late August. My feet stuck up on the dashboard while One Direction came from the speakers, we were both closet fans.

As I sang along I began to get more and more excited for what was coming in Pittsburgh. Leaving Liam behind and everything that came with that.

"You think there's better looking boys in Pittsburgh?" Willow asked turning down the volume slightly.

I chuckled, "Maybe, but I'm not looking for that, not right now. Let's find me a job and have a little fun, single"

"Single fun is always more fun" her smile widened.

I matched her smile, "Agreed"

--

It's not like it was an overnight trip, but there was plenty of relief once we arrived. I looked at my phone, not expecting but secretly hoping Liam might have said something, but nothing. He probably didn't even know that I had left. I sighed and stepped out of the car for the first time in a few hours and looked up at the four story apartment building I would be calling home from now on. It was big, brick and seemed almost too much for our budget. But Willow would be making a good chunk of cash and if I got a job, we would have enough and then some.

"We'll have to make a couple trips" Willow said, grabbing a couple of her bags.

I nodded as I directed my attention from the apartment building to her. I pulled a bag over my shoulder and grabbed my other suitcase in both hands.

"So which floor are we on?" I asked.

"Fourth, but there is an elevator I've been told" she replied.

"Thank God" I sighed with relief and Willow used the key she had received a couple weeks ago in the mail, since the landlord wouldn't be around until next week.

We stepped inside and there was a sign on the elevator, "Out of Order". We both groaned and looked up at the three flights if stairs, "My bag weighs a ton" Willow said.

"Maybe if you didn't have a separate bag for makeup and hair, you'd have less to take up"

She gave me a sarcastic glare and started up the stairs.

"Look on the bright side" I said, "You won't have to go to the gym today"

She shot me another glare as we hit the second floor, "This is starting off so well" she said with a sarcastic tone now.

"The sass is coming out so soon" I replied, "Things could be worse"

"Don't say that! Because now they will be"

I just rolled my eyes as we finally hit the fourth floor, our apartment the first one as we arrived. She set her things down and pulled the key from her pocket, "There's only one" she said, "I'll have to get a second one made for you" I nodded as she opened the door and picked up her bags. It was a really great size. As you stepped in the door, you landed right into a small hallway but then it opened right up, an open concept idea. The kitchen was a good size, newly remodelled. The entire apartment was hardwood, and furnished with the basics. Then there was a small hallway off the living room that led to the bathroom and two bedrooms.

"Wow, this is better than I expected" I said, "It looks better than the pictures"

She nodded, "Yah, my mom took me to see it at the beginning of the summer remember? I fell in love with it"

"And the price" I said, "How is this only $1,000 a month? Especially in this part of the city?"

"Noise" she said, "There's a nightclub across the street and it bothers most people, so he had to bring the rent down"

"Lucky us"

"He figured the noise wouldn't bother us young folks as much"

I just laughed, "I doubt it's that bad. I'm sure we'll be the ones causing the noise over there a few times at least"

She looked at me with surprise, "You seem to be warming up to this already"

I looked around the apartment and fell down on the couch, "I really think I'm going to like it here. This is exactly what I need"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry the chapters have been so short! This one is a bit better and the rest will get lengthier I'm sure!