"I Love You" In Every Language

Prologue - The Divorce Party.

Frank was in his car, talking to the phone.

"Bob, so what time are you coming? Ok, not after 20 to 6. Half past 5 would be better."

He hung up, got out and walked in Adam's shop, to get the cake.

"Hi Adam!" he smiled

"Oh, goodmorning Professor, here's your cake. And don't forget to wish your wife happy brithday from me."

Frank didn't seem to have heard.

"Adam, did you spell correctly Happy Birthday Deborah? You've known her for three years and you still can't spell her name, where the hell did you write the H?" He said.

"Frank, the H is in this envelope here," Adam pointed to a white envelope next to the cake.

"So you'll put it wherever the freaking hell you want, all right?" He asked with sarcasm.

"Thanks Adam, see ya!" and with that, he got in the car again and drove to get the flowers.

"Ju-jitsu!" He called out. Ju-jitsu was the nickname for the chinese employee, Lee, friend with Frank.

"Ju-jitsu, are the flower ready?"

Lee appeared with a wonderful bunch of red and yellow flowers.

"Yes, they are, I stole the orange flowers from my neighbour, though." he smiled.

"Ok then I won't pay them." Frank laughed. They shook hands and Frank drove away.

On the way to buy the decorations, he called another friends of his, Ray.

"All right then, Ray, 5.30, see you there." and hung up once again.

Needless to say, he was excited for his wife's birthday.

So excited he forgot to fasten his seatbelt, and a policeman stopped him on the way home.

"Show me your drving licence." the bald man ordered.

"Come on, Dave, just get in, we're late already, Deborah's gonna be home in less than an hour."

"If you keep driving without fasting your seatbelt, I'm giving you a fine."

"Yeah, whatever, Dave, just get in."

They smiled to each other, then Dave got in the car and together they got home. People were outside, waiting for them.

"Ok, people, get in, get in!"

Once they were all in, they hurried to decorate the living room.

"Alright guys, shut up now, she's here!" said Frank, excitedly.

He was really looking forward to it, and now he was waiting, silently, almost not breathing, because he didn't wanna ruin the surprise.

Everybody was silent in the room, all ready to greet Frank's wife and celebrate together. A huge cake was on the table in the middle of the living room, ready to be cut and eaten, decorations were everywere, wine bottles ready to be opened and drunk.

In the dead silence, a mobile phone rang.

Frank glared at everybody, if the surprise was to be ruined by a freakin' mobile phone, he'd get angry.

But it was nobody's. In fact, the ringing came from outside the door.

The door handle turned, but the door remained close.

"Hello?" came Deborah's muffled voice.

"Oh, hey honey it's you..."

Frank's heart skipped a beat. She did not just called honey someone else. Maybe it's Angela, her best friend. Yeah, it's got to be her.

"Oh, I know, but I gotta go to dinner with Frank, you know it's my birthday... and you already got me a present..." she said in a much sexier voice.

Everybody now was looking at Frank. Who did not dare move.

"I see, you're a naughty little boy, aren't you?"

Frank's heart broke. It was true. She was cheating on him. He didn't want to see the truth, he never wanted to open his eyes, but now it seemed he was forced to. Three years of his life, have been thrown away.

"Yeah, baby, I'll be right back there with you, warm the bed for me..."

This was too much. He just wanted to break that door open and yell in her face but... he still loved her, no matter what.

"I can't wait to get back there. I want you, too, baby, so so bad."

Stop, stop! Frank kept thinking.

"I love you, too. Bye."

The door handle went back in its original position, the front door opened and closed.

A dead silence fell upon all the people in the room. Frank first.

He just stood there, staring at their wedding picture...

Mikey was the first to approach him.

"Well, Frank... uhm... Alicia and I are going home... bye man." and he grabbed Alicia's hand and walked home.

Frank's neighbour stopped and said, "Bye Frank... I might as well take my present back..."

When no answer came out of Frank's mouth, the woman took the box and went out.

Gerard said "Come on people, get out. Now." and waited for the other people to walk out before asking.

"Ya wanna go out somewhere with me tomorrow, like we used to do?"

Still no answer from Frank.

"Ok, I see... Bye Frankie." and Gerard walked out, too.

Bob muttered "Frank, shall I put the cake back in the fridge?"

When Frank did not move, he gave up.

"Ok, I'll just leave it there, then." and walked out.

Jamia, Frank's ex, before walking out, talked.

"Well, I can say it now, that girl... I never liked her." and without another word turned around and stormed out.

Ray was the last to go out. "It wasn't your fault, dude."

He remained alone, standing in the now empty living room, trying not to cry. He didn't know how long he stood there, until his older brother, Kevin, came back from the supermarket.

"So you finally found it out, huh?" he muttered quietly, when he saw Frank.

Frank didn't even answer, he knew his brother had some kind of mental illness, he was like a 12 years old sometimes, when he'd want to play or go to the park.

He eventually moved from the living room, starting to put away all of the decoration and helping Kevin with the shopping bags.

Two weeks later, Frank and Deborah signed the divorce papers.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok, so, i have this story all planned in my head, just tell me, do i stop here or do i keep writing?

ps: I've rewritten this, waddya think?