The Unsavory Tragedy of Kiley Martin

Part One

She was called in when they first woke him from his sleep. He was something new, something clearly dangerous given his genetic makeup. She was to talk with him, learn his mind and give her report to the Admiral. She could do that, it was actually a job she thought beneath her abilities when they first approached her about it.

"Doctor Kiley Martin," she introduced herself at the front desk of Star Fleet. "I was called for a meeting with Admiral Marcus."

"Doctor Martin," a voice behind her spoke up and she turned to see the Admiral walking towards her. "Glad you could come."

"For the amount of money you're paying me, I wouldn't miss this for the world," she smirked shaking his hand.

"I imagine," he chuckled. "Shall we?"

"I must admit I am a little confused," She said as he led her through the halls. "If all you want is a psych-analysis why are you paying me so much?"

"You want us to pay you less?" he asked glancing back at her with a smirk.

"No of course not," she laughed. "I just like to know all the variables before I enter a room with a patient," she grabbed his arm to stop him, "and you're not giving them too me Admiral. Now whatever it is you're doing you need my information and I'm willing to give it too you-"

"If?" he raised an eyebrow.

"You tell me what I can expect when I enter that room." she said standing up straight.

He nodded slowly an approving smirk crossing his features, "Something new, Doctor Martin." He turned and continued down the corridor and she walked with him, "Which is why we need you and are paying you an obscene amount of money. We have no idea what we are dealing with and you need to find out. It will be a challenge and you will get none of those variables from me because I don't know them. What I am asking you to do is dangerous Doctor Martin and I have no idea if you will make it out alive." He stopped at an armored door with two guards posted outside it before turning to face her.

"Now behind this door is probably one of the biggest mysteries of this century so I am asking you Kiley…" he trailed off, meeting her piercing green eyes with his own steady gaze, "do you want to be on the fore front of something that could change the world as we know it, or go back to your usual patients with their usual problems?"

She didn't hesitate in her answer, "Open the door Admiral. We'll talk after my appointment."

She entered the quiet room; the click of her heals on the stone floor echoed all around her. He was sitting on the bed, facing away from her. Thick toned shoulders were squared off as he was sitting perfectly straight. Strong, she thought cocking her head to the side to study him further. Dark hair, pale skin, he looks human, she frowned taking the open seat along the wall. Taking out the book from her brief case she opened to her bookmark and began to read.

After about ten minutes of silence he stood up. She raised her eyes from the page to look at him as he slowly turned around to face her. He was handsome, she thought as she appraised him. Good strong features, a heavy presence in any room. A captain or leader of some kind, she realized as he made his way around the bed.

"You are the first person to let their guard down around me," he said watching her, observing her almost as carefully as she was him.

"Are you a threat to me?"

He didn't even hesitate, "Yes."

"Will you hurt me?"

"Using you as a hostage would free me of this cell." He said simply as his gaze rose to the door.

"But you won't do that," she said with a thoughtful frown. "Why?"

His gaze returned to her, causing a shiver the run down her spin, "You don't know?"

"Before I entered the room I knew nothing about you," she replied honestly.

"And now what have you gathered?" he asked, a challenging smirk crossing his features.

"You're a captain, or commander of some kind," she said looking him over again, "you have a mission, probably something unsavory, but it's been put on hold and I don't know why. You are built like a brick-shit-house and have perfect posture, really quite impressive might I add. You could easily kill me but you haven't; now that's probably because you realize you need me-"

"Need you?" he interrupted, cocking his head to the side just slightly, "Why do I need you?"

"Because my report is the only thing that will get you out of the cell and to your people," she said with a knowing look. "I lied when I said I didn't know why your unsavory mission had been put on hold. It's because the Admiral had your crew… isn't it?"

He looked at me through emotionless sea-foam eyes, "You are good, aren't you?"

"The best," she smirked briefly before gesturing to the bed. "Have a seat, let's talk." Much to her surprise, and a little bit to his own she suspected, he sat down on the bed.

"What is your name?" she asked putting away her book and pulling out a note pad.

"Khan Noonien Singh," he said staring straight ahead of himself, "though I prefer Khan."

"Khan," she nodded, "a solid, strong name."

"When a name is offered a name should be given in return," he said slowly turning his head to look at her.

"My name isn't important," she said tapping her pen on the paper.

"How am I expected to talk to a woman whose name I don't know?"

She smiled at his challenge, "Doctor Kiley Martin, you can call me Doctor, Doctor Martin, or Doc if you wish-"

"I'll call you Kiley," he said, his gaze shifting back to the door.

"That's a tad inappropriate," she raised an eyebrow, "it would be best-"

"Kiley you know you ware wasting both of our time with this pointless argument," he sighed.

She smiled again, leaning back in her chair. The Admiral had promised her something new.

This was most definitely new.