One Hundred Sleepless Nights

Night Eleven ~ Cold In Warm Places

Pete wakes up to a sneezing fit. His eyes are watery and there's snot running down his face. Patrick appears in the doorway, still in his pajamas. The blond comes over with a box of tissues, wiping the snot off Pete's face. Patrick check's Pete's temperature.

"I think you have a cold," Patrick says.

Pete sniffs and lays his head on the younger one's shoulder.

"My head feels heavy, 'Trick."

Patrick's arms wrap around him, tucking him back into bed. He presses a kiss to Pete's forehead and pulls the blanket up to his chin.

"You're staying in bed today."

Pete would argue, but his eye lids are getting heavier by the seconds. He decides he'll rest his eyes for a couple minutes.

**

Pete wakes up again around three o'clock. His head isn't as heavy anymore, but he's still sniffling. He tumbles off the bed to the floor, and wraps himself in a blanket. He crawls into the kitchen to find Patrick baking cookies. The blond smiles and kneels down next to him.

"Hey," Patrick says. "I was about to go check on you. How are you feeling?"

Pete shrugs and points to the oven. Patrick kisses his cheek.

"Yeah, I'm baking cookies. Come on, let's get you off the floor."

The younger one scoops Pete off the floor and carries him into the living room. Patrick settles him on the couch, putting a box of tissues next to him and turning on the tv for him. He goes back into the kitchen for a moment, and comes back with two mugs of hot chocolate and a plate of cookies. He pulls Pete into his lap and hands him a mug, kissing the top of his head.

"Patrick?"

"Hm?"

"I... I lov-"

The phones rings and Patrick reaches over to grab it. He answers it, pressing the phone to his ear and mouthing "one second". Pete slumps against Patrick's chest, a pout on his lips. Patrick hangs up after a while and squeezes the older one.

"Now, what were you saying?"

Pete blushes a little and nuzzles his face into his chest.

"Nothing."