One Hundred Sleepless Nights

Night Thirteen ~ The Morning After

Pete rolls over in bed and plasters himself to Patrick's side, groaning in pain.

"Patrick," He says as he presses his face into the blond's shirt. "Patrick, my tummy hurts."

"It's because you ate too much candy last night," Patrick responds, still half asleep.

Pete groans again at the thought of candy, and rolls on top of Patrick, putting his nose on Patrick's.

"I'm sleeping, Pete."

"But my tummy hurts," The dark haired boy whines.

Patrick sighs and rolls over, moving Pete off of him. He pulls up the older boy's shirt and puts a hand on his stomach. Pete's quiet now, watching Patrick's movements carefully. The blond rubs his stomach in slow circles, humming softly while he does so.

"Patrick?" Pete whispers.

"Yeah?"

"I love-"

Pete's cellphone starts ringing from the bedside table, and Patrick reaches over to get it. He squints at the screen and hands it to Pete.

"It's Kat."

"Can you tell her I'm not feeling good and I'll call later?" Pete groans.

Patrick nods,and Pete can almost see the secret pleasure the blond is taking in telling her she can't talk to her boyfriend. The dark haired boy rests his head on Patrick's chest, listening to him talk.

"Yeah, he's too sick to talk right now. He says he'll call you later. Okay. Bye."

Patrick hangs up and puts the phone back on the table, petting Pete's hair. Pete smiles up at him sweetly, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"So what were you saying before she called?" Patrick asks.

Pete pecks Patrick's lips and blushes.

"Nothing."