One Hundred Sleepless Nights

Night Fifteen ~ Complicated

Patrick is quiet as he tip-toes into Pete's bedroom. He sits on the edge of the bed, placing his hand on Pete's back. The dark haired boy is asleep on his stomach, his breaths soft and even. The blond smiles, pulling the blankets up to Pete's neck and kissing his head. Patrick turns around to leave, and finds Kat in the doorway.

"I understand that you've known him longer than me, but that gives you no right to try to steal my boyfriend. You need to get the fuck out and stay away from him."

"I'm not stealing him, I'm just caring more about him than you ever will."

Patrick smirks, and Kat glares.

"Get out," she growls.

Patrick looks at Pete's sleeping form once more before heading out the door. Kat locks the door behind him, swearing to herself that she would never let that boyfriend-stealing blond back into this house.

**

Pete is drowsy when he wakes up. Everything in the house is quiet, which probably means Kat already went to work. He calls to see if Patrick is here, but gets no answer. Slowly, he reaches over and grabs his phone from the bedside table. He dials Patrick's number, and the phone only rings once before it's answered.

"Hello?"

"Patrick," Pete's voice comes out slow and scratchy. "Where are you?"

"I'm at home. Do you need something?"

"I'm lonely, 'Trick."

Patrick chuckles and Pete smiles at the sound.

"Do you want me to come over there? Or do you want to come over here?"

"M'kay. Be there in 10."

"Okay."

Pete hangs up, slowly rising out of bed. It's as if everything is going in slow motion around him, and it's making it difficult to get ready. Patrick suddenly appears behind him when he finishes brushing his teeth.

"You're still in your pajamas, baby," He says as he kisses the dark haired boy's cheek.

"I know," Pete pouts, and holds his arms out. "Help me?"

Patrick grins, pulling Pete's shirt over his head and walking toward the closet. He picks out some clothes for him to wear, and sets it out on the bed. Pete looks at Patrick expectantly. The blond chuckles and pulls a clean t-shirt over Pete's head. He yanks down Pete's pajama pants and helps Pete into some skinny jeans, smacking him on the ass. The dark haired boy giggled and throws himself onto Patrick.

"Patrick?"

"Yeah?"

Pete looks around to make sure nothing will interrupt him.

"I love you."

Patrick cups Pete's cheek gently, pecking his lips.

"I love you too."