One Hundred Sleepless Nights

Night Three ~ Not As Tough As You Make Me Out To Be

People always mistake Pete for being a tough guy. Those people don't know Pete. Pete's not as tough as people may think. ("You're just sensitive," Patrick would say. He'd tell Patrick to shut up.) Being the not-so-tough-guy he was, he was always terrified of scary movies. But when the kids from Panic! At The Disco invited him over for a scary movie marathon, he couldn't help but say yes.

**

Pete left the boys' house at around two in the morning, running through the lawn quickly to get to his car in the driveway. He had watched way too many scary movies, but the boys were nice and had beer, so he stayed. Now he's shaking as he throws himself into his car. He dials Patrick's number while he's driving, but gets no answer. Patrick's already asleep. God damn it. He speeds all the way to Patrick's house anyway, passing a red light or two. There's no way he's going to his house by himself. He almost broke his car door from slamming it too hard in the rush to get inside Patrick's house. He scrambled to the front porch, grabbing the key from the secret spot. It took him a few tries to get the key in the lock, his hands were shaking uncontrollably. Once safely inside, he felt around and started walking toward Patrick's guest room. The loud bang came before he felt the pain in his head, and he fell to the floor.

**

When Pete gained consciousness again, the first thing he heard was a loud "What the fuck, Pete?" from Patrick. He sat up and patted at his head. There was a large bump where he had been hit.

"I thought you were some kinda rapist or something!" Patrick exclaimed.

Pete spied a baseball bat on the floor, and laughed at the fact that Patrick actually had that sitting somewhere in case someone came in to attack him. Patrick crouched down and looked at the injury on Pete's head.

"You're dumb," he said. "I could've killed you. What were you even doing? It's like, two or something."

"I was with the Panic boys' watching scary movies. I didn't want to be home alone," he said sheepishly. "I tried calling."

Patrick chuckles and grins.

"You're dumb. Let's go to bed."

And they do.