One Hundred Sleepless Nights

Night Five ~ Overworked and Underslept

Pete's drowning in paper work. His new design for his fashion line is due on Friday, his label's stacks of papers to be filled out are due Wednesday, and his new job papers are to be finished by Thursday. It's Tuesday, midnight. There's papers scattered all over the floor and the desk in the home office. Pete's frustrated and wants to throw his pen down and cry, his head feels like it's about to explode and-

"Peter."

Gentle hands reach Pete's shoulders, rubbing them gently. He looks up to find Patrick, his hair sticking out in odd angles and only in his boxer briefs.

"It's late, come to bed."

"I need to finish this work, it needs to be done tonight. I'll be there in a bit." Pete groans.

Patrick stands there for a minute, rubbing the tension out of Pete's hunched shoulders. He pats the older one's head and whispers a goodnight before shuffling back to the bedroom. Pete sighs and goes back to his work.

It's going to be a long night.

**

Two hours later, Pete is only on the second of the four stacks of paper work. His eye lids are heavy, and it's taking almost all his strength just to stay awake. Pete is beyond irritated at this point, and he throws a couple of pencils and pens across the room. He lays his head down on the desk in defeat, shoving a couple of papers off the desk. He suddenly feels familiar hands on his back.

"Come on, baby. Bed time."

"I have to finish this," Pete wails.

Patrick spins the chair around and cups the older one's face in his hands. Hot tears of frustration run down Pete's cheeks, choked noises escaping his throat. Patrick kisses the tears away, moving hair away from his face.

"Oh, baby. Don't cry, we'll get this all settled tomorrow, okay? But right now, it's bed time."

He lifts the older one from the chair, leading him to bed. Pete settles into the bed, his head resting on Patrick's chest. The blond kisses his messy hair, a smile forming on his lips.

"Sleep, Peter. I'll take care of everything tomorrow."

And he does.