One Hundred Sleepless Nights

Night Six ~ Hold Me, I'm Hurting

[In case you didn't see the warning, this could possibly be triggering. This chapter contains a self-harm theme. So be careful if you're sensitive to that. but it's really not bad.]

Pete shuffles down the hallway, tears slipping down his cheeks. He stops in the doorway of Patrick's bedroom, where the blond boy is working on his college papers. He looks up to see the older boy with eyeliner tear streaks on his cheeks.

"Patrick," Pete whimpers. "I'm hurt."

Patrick is about to ask where, but Pete hold out his arm. There's blood dripping down his arm, running down his fingers and splattering on the floor.

"I'm hurt," He repeats, his voice cracking.

Patrick practically throws his laptop and runs over to Pete. He pulls the taller boy to the bathroom, helping him to sit on the counter and pulling out the first aid kit. He handed Pete a couple tissues to blow his nose with and began cleaning up the bloody mess on the older one's arm. The cuts aren't deep enough to need stitches, but they're pretty nasty. Patrick cleans him up all professional-like, wrapping his arm and pressing a delicate kiss to it. Patrick starts to walk back into the bedroom, but stops when he realizes Pete isn't following him. The dark haired boy sticks his arms out.

"Carry me?"

Patrick rolls his eyes affectionately, grunting as he picks up the other. They snuggle into bed, Patrick with the laptop back on his lap, and Pete curled into his side.

"Tell me if I need to change the bandages later, okay?"

Pete nods and nuzzles his head into Patrick. The blond smiles and ruffles his hair before going back to his college paper on some weird disease he's never heard of. By the time Patrick starts typing again, Pete is already half asleep at his side. He smiles and glances at the sleepy boy once or twice while typing sentences. He closes the laptop and sets it to the side, spooning Pete.

He's never been so grateful to have taken those extra classes on medical care.