More Than Friends

More Than Friends

"-Morgan come on." my brother Stewart pleaded.
"-No Stewart. I don't wanna go to a party when I could very well have some rest. I've been working my ass off and I barely had any decent sleep the past few weeks."
"-You said it yourself, you've been working a lot so consider this some sort of a reward."
"-Tell me again why should I go with you?"
"-Because I'm your favourite brother." he said grinning.
"-Hmmm I thought it was because you can't get a girl." I said and he started to tickle me.
"-Sthaaapppp it Stewieeeeeeeeeeeeee." I said squirming trying to make this idiot that supposedly was my brother to stop.
"-Take it back."
"-Take what back?" I asked innocently and he started another attack.
I did a roll up and I ended up crushing him.
"-I can't breatheeee." he said.
"-Nice one, calling me fat." I said faking getting sad and teary.
"-Morgan I didn't mean like that. Shit, I'm such an idiot." he said cradling me. I burst laughing.
"-You little shit. You got me there, I admit."
"-Aww come here." I said and pulled him for a hug.
"-By the way, you are my only brother idiot." he laughed then said:
"-So you coming?"
"-Fine but..."
"-No buts, I know you like hanging out with Stevie and Carra so don't deny you won't enjoy it." he said and I giggled. Weirdly enough I got really well along with the skipper and the vice.
"-Sometimes I think you're a 30 something man. I'll never understand you." he said shaking his head. I laughed then said:
"-I'm just special."
The evening came faster than I expected and soon I heard Stewart belting from downstairs:
"-You better be ready Morgan."
"-Calm ya tits, I'm coming." I shouted while putting on my shoes. I heard someone laughing and I frowned. Stewart didn't mentioned someone joining us.
I went downstairs and saw Jordan Henderson chatting away with my brother.
"-Finally." Stewart said and I rolled my eyes.
"-Hiya Jord, nice seeing you again." I said and kissed his cheeks.
"-Hi love, ready to party?"
"-Neah she's gonna hide and chat with Stevie and Carra as per usual." Stewart said and I slapped his arm. Jordan chuckled.
When we got to the venue I started my search for Stevie and Carra. After spending a good hour with them chatting about football of course, Stevie said:
"-Not that we'd mind chatting with you but I think you should enjoy this party. Hanging out with us it's not very fun."
"-Says who? I prefer this over drinking myself into oblivion like my brother or making a fool of myself like Martin is doing." I said pointing to a rather highly intoxicated Martin Kelly, trying to moonwalk.
Stevie and Carra laughed then Carra said smirking:
"-Young Jordan seems to have taken a certain liking to you."
"-Neah, we're friends."
"-Doesn't seem to me." Stevie said.
"-You 2 are no fun now." I said pouting.
"-Come on, go put him out of his misery." Carra said and Stevie giggled like a school girl.
"-You 2 are worse than women, meddling and gossiping."
"-But you love us, you really do." Stevie said and I stuck my tongue at them. They laughed so I took that as my cue to go talk to Jordan.
"-Hey stranger. Why moping around?" I asked and he smiled shyly.
"-Not really my scene. You having fun?"
"-Define fun. Why do you think I hang out with Stevie and Carra?" I said and he chuckled.
We chatted for a few more minutes than Jordan asked:
"-May I have this dance?"
"-Yes you may." In the corner of my eye I saw Stevie giving me thumbs up while Carra mouthed:
"-Get in Morg."
I rolled my eyes and the adverted my eyes back to Jordan.
"-You look beautiful Morgan." he said and I barely could muster a thank you.
"-You know all the time when I hoped you'll see me more than just a friend I never took you for the shy type." he said and I looked at him surprised.
"-What?"
"-Don't tell me you didn't knew." he said like not believing me.
"-I didn't. I never thought someone like you could like me." I barely whispered the last part.
"-What's not to like? You are an amazing person Morgan, men have to be mad not to like you."
I shrugged then asked:
"-Why haven't you told me this instead of just hoping that I would notice?"
"-I didn't want to be rejected."
"-Rejected? Why would I?"
"-Why would someone like you like me." he said miming me. I laughed then said:
"-You should have told me. Things would have been a lot different now."
"-Well I'm telling you now. Morgan would you like us to be more than friends?" he said wiggling his eyebrows. I couldn't help but giggle at his cuteness.
"-I would love that."