Story of Alexandria

Introvert

I wake up to the sun in my face and my alarm going off. I'm blinded for merely half a minute. I slept in my living room because dad and I were watching a movie like we do almost every night that he doesn't work late.

I sit up and stretch my stiff arms and my legs before I stumble over to the kitchen to find some breakfast. I look in the fridge and find an orange. I can't eat a full breakfast, I'll be late to my first day of music classes at my community college. I'm only going to a community college so I can get a feel of what I'll be doing with music so I'll be more prepared once I transfer my credits to a university. It was Dad's idea. I think its because he wants to be stay at him longer.

You see, with my dad, he's very protective of me. He barely lets me out of the house. I think its because he lost my mother, he doesn't want to lose me. He was even worried when I was going to high school. I never went out much. it was always get up, go to school, come straight home and stay there. Don't get me wrong, he loves me very much, but he's like I said, protective. He made me believe that the world is evil and so are the people in it. I still know a few things about the world. I know a lot about music and how to play guitar, I know about the fashion sense on wearing band shirts and skinny jeans, I know what sex is and where babies come from. So I'm not completely clueless.

I finish my orange and I walk upstairs to get a shower and get ready to go. I walk in the bathroom and start turn the knobs or the shower, get undressed, and step in.

Once I was clean, I step out and start drying myself off, and started my hair. I use the hair dryer to help make a swoop, but I air dry the rest and leave it wavy like I usually do. I put on my makeup which is just a thin layer of eye liner on my top lid, mascara on my top lashes, and a bit of dark brown eye shadow.

I walk into my room to pick out what I'm going to wear. I look in my drawers and felt satisfied with a white Memphis May Fire t-shirt and black skinny jeans. I look in my closet for what jacket I should wear. I decides on a black button down jacket with a hood. I like it because the sleeves almost reached my fingertips and the bottom of the jacket goes to my mid thigh.

I don't really like to show off curves or skin. But, what would it matter anyway? People only think that tan skin is beautiful and I'm ghostly white, not something a lot of people want to see and its not like I have any curves to show off. I'll stick to what I'm used to, why change?

I pick a pair of ankle high black Docs and I go in the bathroom again to brush my teeth. I make sure I look at least decent, grabbed my bag from my room and went downstairs. My dad is downstairs drinking coffee and reading the paper.

"Morning, sweet heart," my dad said smiling.

"Morning, Pop."

"Are you excited about your first day of school, my college girl?"

"You seem to be in a good mood," I said getting a bottle of water out of the fridge.

"Well, uh, a couple of the guys at work made me a profile on the dating website and I found someone." He found a date? My dad? He's never had a date since mom died. A part of me is happy for him, another part of me is kind of angry.

"Well I got to go, I'll be late."

"Alright, if anything happens, call me!"

"I will," I said as I walk out the front door and to my car. I get in, turn the car on, and blast Asking Alexandria on my iPod. I pull out of the drive way and headed for campus.

I pull into the parking lot and I see a bunch of guys in the parking lot talking to some girls. They look older than me. I turn my music down so I wouldn't attract any attention. I park at the far end, away from everyone and turn the car off. I walk out and headed straight for the entrance. Avoided any eye contact, but my efforts were wasted.

"Hey there."

"H-hi." I kept my eyes to the ground.

"I'm Nathan, and you are?"

"Alexandria. I got to go." I walk through the doors and straight to the attendance office, wherever it was.

Eventually I found the office so I could get my schedule.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like this new story :)