Status: Active!

The Animal Within

Ethan

High alert wasn't even remotely close to what I was feeling right now, I was aware of every sight, scent, and sound around me as everything went from dull and boring to chaotic in less than a minute. I could tell Scott and his motley crew were also on very high alert. Scott was scanning all around the wreckage taking in the locations of his friends as I made sure Aiden was okay.

But my eyes couldn't help to stray towards the back where the black spiked hair, and sun kissed skin of the new guy was just to make sure he came out relatively unscathed. He looked a bit overwhelmed, but nothing too terrible seeing as the trajectory of the glass was more penetrated into the black birds around the room. What I didn't see until it was almost too late was the chunk of glass sticking out the back of his calf.

"Ethan!" Aiden exclaimed lowly before I went jumping over students to get to the guy in the back. I caught both of his arms before he went crashing to the ground, "Whoa" I said before kneeling down and maneuvering him to his side so that he wouldn't push the glass further into his leg possibly cutting a major blood vessel in half.

I quickly went into overdrive as I examined every bit of exposed skin seeing scratches here and there that wouldn't really need stitches, but the elephant in the room was the glass sticking out of his leg that could quickly become life threatening if I didn't take it out or took it out the wrong way. By now I could hear the soft breaths coming from his mouth signalling he had passed out about ten minutes ago as I was examining him. Getting the piece of glass out was by no means easy, a human didn't heal as fast as a werewolf did so I'd have to quickly put pressure on the wound until I could get him to the hospital or an ambulance.

Without any hesitation left in me, I quickly angled the glass so it wouldn't case anymore damage than it has, and quickly pulled it out of his leg. The blood started pouring more freely from his leg so, with no real thought to it, I ripped my short-sleeved shirt from my torso before pressing it to his wound before undoing my belt from my jeans so I could use it to keep my shirt in place on his leg. "Ethan" Aiden said coming up beside me as he saw what I was doing. "How do you know he's not a werewolf?" Aiden asked me in a low tone, but still suggesting he wasn't thrilled with what I was doing.

"Werewolves don't pass out from blood loss" I growled back to him not very thrilled with him at the moment either. I then carefully turned the boy over, and my heart about shot out my throat; the black hair, tanned skin gathered with the distinctly Native American features, and my mind went reeling as it took in the boy. He was beautiful to me, and, some small part of me, hoped that he liked me in some way as well. 'Focus idiot!' I thought as I snapped out of my daydream.

I picked him up carefully with Aiden by my side before I headed toward the exit of the classroom. I had to carefully maneuver around students and desks, but I was able to get to the door without much trouble. "Drex!" a female came rushing over as I exited the room. She almost looked exactly like him, but her hair was a dark brown compared to Drex's (apparently that being his name). "Thank you so much!" she exclaimed as her eyes came up to mine and that same flash of recognition flew into her eyes again.

I felt Aiden tense beside me as if he became a living statue, and I knew that something weird was going between them so, as to get her attention back on me, I said that I was going to take Drex to an ambulance. She snapped out of it, and replied that she'd go with me to the ambulance.

I seriously hoped Scott and none of his pack noticed what transpired between Aiden and the girl as well as Drex and I, because they could use that to their advantage with taking Aiden and I out before our mission even truly began; that's when I started berating myself about how it's just the first day of school, and both Aiden and myself have already failed the first part of the mission in the first place.

I was supposed to be getting close to Danny - not Drex. Aiden and I needed to get our heads back into the game, and stay away from these two as much as possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ermehgerd! It's finally here! I'm so sorry it took me so long! I got writers block, and couldn't just write it out like I was used too! It's here though, and I hope you liked it!

~Chelsea