Status: Active!

The Animal Within

Ethan

I knew that my brother had been right, but I couldn't help the feeling that our destiny was being dramatically altered with the sighting of the siblings; it was like some foretold prophecy where two people had the ability to shape the world as they saw fit while the other two were left oblivious to the changes around them, and I felt that Aiden and I were the ones that were sitting ducks in this mirage.

"Hey, you okay?" Aiden asked me as I wasn't paying very much attention to what was going on around us. I take a deep breath in as I got ready for the run and confrontation with Scott, the snooty little Omega Wolf that thought it was better to go it alone rather than joining a pack; his mistake will cost him his life if Aiden and I catch him. The Beta, Issac, was just fresh meat to tear apart - Aiden and I were clearly at the advantage here.

Stiles Stilinski was just an annoying, pesky human that was just trying to act tough since he hung with a pack of werewolves.

"I'm fine" I said in a angered tone. Sometimes Aiden needed to keep his muzzle out of my business before I bite into it, just because I'm thinking of the fraternal twin currently residing in the hospital doesn't mean I always needed his...expert input in my head all the time.

Why Coach Finstock made Cross Country racing a mandatory requirement for making the Lacrosse Team I will never understand; in all observationality the guy was a lunatic and blew his damn whistle if any of his students were asleep in his class.

I became one of the privileged to join the other mass amounts when I accidentally fell asleep in Economics just because I had worried about the guy and his sister all night that I barely was functioning even now, but I had to keep my mind open and sharp.

Aiden and I stepped up to both sides of Issac to intimidate him, but it only seemed to piss him off which made Aiden and I smirk cockily since that just served to boost our ego's. Pissing someone off is exciting, and gets the endorphin's in my brain running which, at the blow of the whistle, sets Aiden and I off to the front of the crowd easily surpassing the fastest human in the group by far.

We both knew Issac was following close behind us while Scott and Stiles tried to keep Issac from taking the bait and taking chase; the idiot Beta didn't have any type of control over his anger so of course he ignored them and ran after us.

Going around a bend just off the trail, we waited until Issac was close before we viciously pushed him off the trail and down into a leafy embankment. Is it odd I kinda felt bad for the Beta? It's like something just cried inside me to stop, and not proceed with the attack, but I quickly shook it off because this little pest had the beating coming to him.

Jerking him into a kneeling position Aiden asks in an evil tone of voice, "Ethan, I always forget - How many bones in the human body?" our panting breathes show our small bit of fatigue that we can easily overcome, "I don't know, let's count" I respond in the same tone before I feel a sudden pain in my jaw and bone breaking.

"That's one" Scott responded as he looked Aiden in the eye. That little Omega! I'm going to kill him! I fixed my jaw before Aiden showed that he was ready for battle by taking out his claws and fangs.

All four of us had just geared up when a scream came piercing through our brawl informing us immediately something was not as it seemed, and Aiden looked shaken as the scream seemed all too familiar to the both of us.

Aiden looked torn between running with Scott and Issac before we just followed along with them to see what happened. What we saw had us both confused, and relieved at the same time. It was some kid that we didn't know, but it didn't mean that the scream didn't have us worried about the girl that let it out.

"I thought she would have skipped today to be with her brother" Aiden mumbled to me as he kept a near, but safe distance from the girl that seems to be drawing him in like a magnet. I crossed my arms over my chest as I looked down to the dirt, "I don't know man, but I think something bigger than our pack, her and her brother, and the Hale pack is going on here" I told him before looking back up and into his eyes. "We gotta tell Deucalion, and figure out what's happening with the killings plus our own little problem" Aiden said as he looked me dead in the eye.

"No! We are not telling Deucalion about the siblings! You can take whatever idiot thought that crawled into your head right out, because he could have them killed! Or worse! Have us kill them Aiden!" I exclaimed at him in disbelief. This was our business with the siblings - not Deucalion's business with them. "We have no choice Ethan! He could find out about them, and about us involuntarily failing our mission!" Aiden snapped back at me.

"I won't have him killed. You can go ahead, and tell Deucalion about how much of a failure you are, but I'm keeping my side of it under wraps" I told him before walking away. Aiden can be so blinded sometimes that it's a miracle he's even still alive.

Back at the school, Aiden and I weren't finished with riling Issac up with anger. We waited out in the hall until the little pushover stored from Mr. Harris' Chemistry class looking like he wanted to get even from what happened in the woods earlier, but Aiden and I had a little trick up our sleeves.

Issac looks like he's about ready to go into battle mode when, suddenly, Aiden hits me to Issac's shock, and I stumble a little, but I get back up and shake it off. He then hits me straight in the face sending me into the lockers on my left; the pathetic Beta looked so confused as to why Aiden was hitting me though I think that last punch was Aiden's way of giving up on telling Deucalion about the siblings attracting us.

On my still wobbly feet, Aiden hit me in the face again sending me to the ground, but all I did was smile cruelly as the blood poured out of my mouth and onto the shiny floor below he hit me one more time before I held up my right hand to get him to help me up though what happened next confirmed he was going to take the next bit personally.

He slams the right side of my head into the lockers - that one hurt a bit more than it should have - he then slung me onto the floor where I skidded to a stop beside Issac who turned to me just in time for Mr. Harris to come barging from his classroom with curious onlookers in tow.

"What is this?" he asked in his teacher voice which I knew every student despised. "What's going on?" he asked again, and nobody seemed to notice my look-a-like making a swift exit down the hall as everyone focused their attention on Issac and I. Issac was the only one to notice, but by then it didn't matter.

I had gotten the attention of my target, and it felt wrong in every way but I pushed it back. "Are you alright?" Danny asked as he gently helped me sit up. "Ah, yeah he just, he just came at me" I said gesturing to Issac. I knew I was the Falcon that robbed the bird's nest when Mr. Harris looked to Issac and asked, "Issac, what did you do?" Of course during this whole time I was putting on the most pathetic act I've ever played, but it was so worth it. Scott's heated glare didn't escape me though, and I knew Aiden and I had pissed him off as well.

Apparently, when you piss off an Omega and a Beta they not only want to piss you off, but get you suspended as well. Aiden took the bait hook, line, and sinker when Scott McCall started pulling out motorcycle parts from his backpack before putting them on his desk. "Wait, Aiden don't!" I called out to him, but it was too late. The hot-head was out the door in less than thirty seconds, and I heard a resounding shout from him telling someone to get off his bite.

I majorly wanted to hit Scott McCall in his crooked jaw, but I didn't want to follow my idiot brother into getting a suspension so I just stood there seething in anger.

At the end of the day is when shit got real, Aiden and I came to a stand still as Issac and Scott were gossiping about us right in our faces of course they both went quiet when they saw us. One look at each other, and we knew what was going through both of our minds.

Revenge.

I took my shirt off as Aiden took his shirt and jacket off, I kneeled down and prepared myself physically and mentally for the change that was about to happen. This is and will always be the worst part about us shifting together. Aiden took his clawed hand and thrust it into my back - the pain was so excruciating that I always wanted to scream out and make him stop.

I compare this pain to that of dying very slowly from wolfsbane poisoning, but after we shifted together, the pain died out and we became one. The stupid, useless Beta thought they could take us, but it seemed the Omega knew the better option was to run. Their futile attempts to flee were in vain though when we caught each by the neck, raised them into the air, bashed them together before, like a doll, throwing them down the hallways, and we were just getting started.

That is, until Deucalion came walking up from behind them which spurred us into separating from each other; that process almost as painful as when we combine. A barely there sting come to my cheek as he slashed both Aiden and I on the cheek for what we had just done.

We both easily got the signal to follow Deucalion away from Scott and Issac, but I just heard what Issac asked and Scott answered before we turned down another hallway, "Who's that?" "Deucalion" his voice has been one of wonder, and I didn't understand why.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this is more than enough to make up for the late posting! I infused all of Ethan and Aiden's dealings with Scott and Issac into the chapter as much as possible. Even to the point of using the Teen Wolf Wikia just to find the parts that way I could use my very ultra secret way of watching the episode again.

If you don't realize, this is from episode 4 "Unleashed" in 3a.

Of course I left out Aiden's stand-alone parts since...they're Aiden's and not Ethan's.

Thanks for reading!

~Chelsea