Status: Active!

The Animal Within

Baylynn

I sighed some as I got ready for school. Today was the day that Drex was being released from the hospital. I wasn't sure if he was ready to return to school, but I brought his backpack just in case.
I smiled some as I thought of seeing my brother awake. These past few days of waiting, and waiting have been terrifying. Not knowing rather or not he would make it. Now those worries can be put to bed.

As I approached the hospital I went to the nurse that frequently helped my brother. "Excuse me, I got a call, saying that my brother Drex had been ready to leave." I explained as she looked towards me.

"Yes, there are just a few papers your parents will need to sign before-" She started before looking up to me. I frowned slightly, knowing that if it required our parents say for Drex to leave, he never would leave.

Our mother had been so caught up in working, that when serious matters arose, she never had time to sort them with us, and our father? He left mother for another man. As time went on, the man ended up leaving him. Our parents are only together now for the sake of Drex and I.

"-Or someone that is of legal age." The nurse finished and pushed the papers towards me. I smiled softly before signing them. She then led me towards my brothers room.

The nurse was called away to another patient, but before she left, she told me Drex's room was just around the corner. I thanked her once more. As I looked down the hall, I saw the guy from earlier, come from around the corner. The guy that had helped Drex. I smiled softly.

I was unsure if he saw me when he left, but it hadn't matter. My feet then led me to Drex's room. I knocked lightly on the door. "Hey you, the doctor said you're free to go. I brought your bag and books in case you wanted to head back to school." I explained with a smile on my lips. Happy that my brother was okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone that is still reading this story! Much love <3