Status: Going to be adding or taking some things out of the chapters and stories...Just fixing it up as I keep writing out the last few chapters.

My Celtic Angel

Chapter 2 The Haunting Dream

Chapter 2 The Haunting Dream
Zak's POV

I awoke with a start after the dream I had.

"What the hell?" I asked out loud. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, trying to figure out where I was. I sighed in relief. I was home this time.

However, my relief quickly subsided and I felt sick for some reason. I got up quickly to go to the bathroom in case my stomach decided it wanted to empty its’ contents. As I got there and waited the nauseated feeling went away as I was bent over the toilet bowl. I groaned. I hated when this happened.

"What the hell?" I repeated again. I got up looked over my body to check if anything was wrong. The girl in my reoccurring dream weighed heavily on my mind.

My hand went to my stomach. The dream had felt so very real. The girl screaming in pain, and trying her best to not feel it. I shook my head again, then decided to think about something else so I figured I might as well get ready for the day.

I went to take a shower, but the girl from my dream kept playing on my mind. She had looked so tiny and fragile. Was it possible for someone to be like that? I’m sure her hair was red, but it was so filthy and matted, I couldn’t be sure. It had looked as though semi-dry blood, dirt, and god knows what else were caked in it, making it hard to tell.

I shivered as her screams echoed in my head; they haunted me, as did her eyes. At the start of the dream, they shone with light, but that light slowly faded away as the pain she suffered intensified.

The first time I had dreamt of her was after we finished our lockdown at Moundsville Penitentiary, and I dreamt of her often since then. Though the dream often changed, she was always there; her pain palpable, and the doctor trying to put a stop to it when it was already too late.

I shook my head to clear my mind as I got out of the shower. I wrapped a towel around my waist as I came out of my bathroom and into my room to get dressed.

My phone rang and I answered it without checking to see who it was. I already knew who it could be anyway.

“Yeah?" I answered it. It was Nick, my fellow investigator and friend.

"Hey Zak are you up yet?" he asked.

“Yeah, I am." I replied, "Just getting ready. What do we have?"

"We found someone who can look over at the EVPs from Moundsville; the ones we are having trouble trying to figure out."

I nodded to myself as I pushed the girl in my dreams out of my thoughts and went straight to being the leader of our team.

“Okay, good. When are we meeting them?" I asked.

I heard Aaron telling Nick in the background before he answered.

"We have to meet them in four hours. Want us to come pick you up?"

"Nah. I'll meet you guys at headquarters." I didn’t really like our headquarters, but it's what I had to do to finish up with our filming for the episode. Our boss picked the place, and it wasn’t very welcoming.

Nick laughed about something that Aaron was saying in the background before focusing his attention back to the phone call.

"Okay man. We'll see you when you get here." He said. I hit the end call button on my phone and placed it on my bed side table then finished getting dressed. I tried fixing my hair but it just wouldn't stay where I wanted it to. I groaned in frustration before chucking a black hat over the unruly hair.

I left a note on the bench for my girlfriend so she’d know where I was if case she came over. I looked over my house once more before leaving for the day. I decided to take one of my sport cars to work so I could blow off a little steam and clear my mind a little bit, but try as I might, I could not stop thinking about my dream

How could he not know the girl was pregnant? As much as I was trying to forget the dream, it just wouldn’t leave my thoughts which was kind of making me mad. It was a dream right? Why the hell would I dream of a young woman who got knocked up? The questions went round and round in my head. The more they came, the more I went faster.

I pulled up to the headquarters to find the Ghost Adventures van already parked and Nick and Aaron loading some of the equipment up. I parked and got out of my car before heading over to them. Aaron greeted me with a wave and hello, as did Nick.

“You look like shit, man” Nick noted, concern evident in his voice.

"I feel like shit bro." I laughed, hiding my annoyance as I looked at my reflection of the van window, messing with my hair slightly to try and make it sit right before giving up and putting my hat back on.

"So who are we meeting and where at?" I asked. Nick was about to speak but was cut short by Aaron.

"We are heading to Reno. This couple knows a lot about EVPs. They even helped out a couple of other teams as well, once in a while."

I nodded but was apprehensive about getting a third party in to help us review evidence. We’d always done it ourselves, and I didn’t like the feeling of handing over the control to someone I didn’t even know.

"They told me they wont screw us up. They don't tell other teams about one another.” Nick answered my unvoiced concerns, reading me again.

I shook my head.

"It's not what I’m worried about. Are you sure that they are good, Aaron?" I asked.

He nodded.

"I heard about them from another guy who’s very reputable in the paranormal field. He said they’re very good at what they do. You did say we need to have an expert to make sure we caught something, and this couple are the go-to experts on EVPs ” Nick said, saving Aaron having to deal with a moment of my frustration.

“Okay, so they are highly recommended and they do EVP review for other paranormal research groups too. Is that right?" I asked for confirmation. They nodded.

"Who are they anyways?" I asked.

“The lady: Debby, told us they call themselves the Constantinos. I’ve also heard very good things about them when Veronique and I have looked at haunted places around here." Nick responded.

“Alright. You’ve won me over. Let's give them a try."

Nick smiled like he knew something I didn’t

“What!?” I asked sharply. He shook his head.

“They’ve organised for us to meet up with their assistant.” he replied tentatively.

“Okay. That's fine with me."

We got ready to leave. Aaron was finishing uploading the last of the footage.

"Has Jeff found anything on hospitals that closed recently?" I asked. Nick knew exactly what I was talking about.

"Dreaming of her again, are you?"

I nodded.

"Zak has a dream girl? No way! I thought things were good with Carrie?" Aaron chimed in, obviously overhearing Nick. I glared at him, warning him not to get involved. He ignored me.

"What does she look like? Tall? Dark hair? Pale skin?” He interrogated me

"How about tiny and fragile with matted, filthy hair!?” I snapped back.

“Dude, calm down.” Aaron put his hands up in surrender, “I was only.… Wait, what?”

I shook my head, and ignored him.

"So has he Nick?" I asked, returning my attention back to Nick.

"He found something which maybe interesting to you.” he said, climbing into the van. Aaron and I climbed in and we started the drive to Reno.

"So what did he find?" I pressed Nick for more information.

”Which hospital?" Aaron asked, looking back and forth between Nick and I, trying to find out what I was talking about. I sighed before filling Aaron in on my recurring dreams of the girl. I told him how she was pregnant and lost her unborn child due to the excessive electroshock therapy she was subjected to.

"So my dream girl looked like she went through hell and back three times." I concluded.

Both Nick and Aaron paled at this.

"Jeff did find one hospital that’s closed that fit the description of what you said it looked. He said it had closed due to malpractice, death, rapes and missing patients too." Nick revealed.

"What about abortions? Did they occur there?"

He nodded.

"Any one still around afterwards?"

“No. That’s the strange thing; no death certificates were found for the patients that died. Other patients that the hospital claimed had passed away are still missing to this day. Only people who did actually live in the hospital were possibly the ones that were classified as permanently mentally ill, which is no surprise when you take into account the stuff some of these people went through. Your dream girl might have been one of those who died too. A lot of abortions were carried out because doctors would rape their patients, especially the crazy ones."

I shivered in disgust and sadness when I thought of the awful things these people had been through.

"Can we talk about something else?" Aaron asked, “Something not so… dark?”

I nodded.

"Let's get this film finished so we can work on the next one, okay?” I suggested, then smiled. They both smiled back. I needed to keep focused on this job, not on my dream. For all I know, the girl may have died; died in the arms of the doctor that did try to at least comfort her in her last moments on earth. Perhaps it was her ghost haunting me…
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi again.. Thank you for reading this story. I know it's slow and it was dark in the first chapter.. There well be some more like that as the story goes on..

Um.. I do have an accent and it does mess with my typing at times too.. So if anything doesn't seem right, then it's why..But do let me know if anything seems off with the words or anything.. I am trying to get the guys as close as they can be in real life.. Which is how I can see Zak work by trying to not think of certain things.