Status: work in progress

I Don't Want to Live in the Modern World

The Modern World, Part One

I walked through the halls of my middle school with my hands in the pockets of my black hoodie. My also black converse quietly padded on the hard floor as I made my way to the door to exit the building that I despised so much. I mean, seriously, who wants to get up early just to go to a place that makes you feel stupid and judged for seven hours?
Speaking of feeling stupid, I got my report card today and my parents are going to be pissed when they see it. I have a D in every class, except reading/language arts, which is a B. My mom and dad have these expectations of me being as smart as my older sister who is graduating soon and has been excepted to a lot of Ivy League schools. As for me, I've been keeping my grades steady until last month when I just plainly didn't give a shit. I don't know why though, I guess I just want everyone to see that I don't care.
Crowds of people swarmed me at the lobby, where the exit was. My house was not that far from the school, so I walked home everyday by myself. I didn't really like walking with other people because people in general just annoy me most of the time. I had about 2 or 3 friends but I had a feeling that I was that one friend that no body really likes and they talk about you behind your back. Every group has one.
I walked down the sidewalk to a small white house with a worn out wooden mail box that said 'Hammilton' on it. That was my last name which I didn't really like because it was so long. My first name was Gloria which I guess isn't that bad. The only thing I don't like is that I am in no way glorious.
I walked up to my door and just stood there right outside and took a deep breath. It was going to be hard just waiting for my parents to bring up my report card and then all hell will break loose. After a few more seconds I turned the door knob and entered. As usual, I walked as quickly as possible to the stairs which led to my room. I took two steps at a time while smelling the sickly scent of lavender that my mom always sprayed the house with so much i think it's becoming the natural smell of the house. I finally reached my room and shut the door. Posters covered my walls and even my ceiling because I put them there when my walls couldn't fit any more. I threw my back pack on the floor and went over to my phone. No new messages, which was normal for me.
My reflection looked back at me though the mirror that was on my dresser. I had black hair and brown eyes and a thin face. I also had a rather small nose which sat above light pink lips. I didn't think I was ugly, but I was nothing to look at. A note was on the corner of my mirror and it said 'Birthday in 2 days!' in my messy hand writing. I was turning fourteen and couldn't wait to be another year older because that meant being another year closer to being an adult and doing whatever I want. Just as I was sitting on my bed, I heard a familiar voice. "Gloria!" It shouted.
"Come here!"
It was my mom, and she didn't sound too happy. Oh shit, I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
It starts out a little boring, but I think it will pick up. Hope you like it!