Status: work in progress

I Don't Want to Live in the Modern World

The Boy With Green Eyes

I woke up under a bridge. But it wasn't the bridge I fell asleep under. There was a lot more graffiti and there was beaten up chairs and couches everywhere. Garbage bins were scattered around the place. The bridge was larger and seemed abandoned. Nothing was around.

I got up off of the dirt ground, which before was gravel. For some weird reason, I was not panicked. I had no idea where I was, with no idea where to go and I was completely calm. I guess it was because I love adventures.

It was extremely hot here. I came from Maine where it never gets quite this hot. I took off my hoodie, which showed my Ramones shirt. I started to walk out from under the bridge, when I spotted someone in one of the beaten up couches. It was a boy that looked about my age. He had light brown, slightly red hair which was kind of long and curly. He was short, but taller than me and he had a thin face. But the trait that really stood out to me was his green eyes. They were bright with flecks of brown in them. I wouldn't exactly call them hazel because they were better than hazel.

He was looking at me expectantly. I just looked back. I didn't know if I should talk to him at first, but after a second, I figured it couldn't hurt. "How long have you been sitting there?" I asked him.

"Not that long. Just a few minutes before you woke up." He simply said.

His voice sounded nice.

"Where am I?"

"Are you wasted or something?" He said with a smile.

"No I just woke up and I was here." I said.

"Sure." He laughed. "Then where were you before?"

"Casco. In Maine." I told him.

He raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah I think I would know where I live."

"Well you're in Oakland right now."

"Oakland Maine? That's not too far away."

"No. Oakland California."

"What?" I felt excited. I wasn't in that town that I hated so much.

I smiled at him and he smiled back. "What's your name?" He asked me, still smiling.

"Gloria. What's yours?"

"Billie Joe, But just call me Billie."

"Cool. Well since I'm not from here, could you show me around?" I asked him.

"Yeah. But any where that I would show you is not exactly nice. I'm sort of working class." He looked down when he said this.

"I don't care. Anywhere that you show me I'm pretty sure I will like."

He looked back up at me. "You should think twice before you say stuff like that." He said seriously, but then smiled. "I like your shirt by the way."

And that was when I knew for sure that I liked Billie Joe.

"Start by telling me about this place." I told him.

"This," He started. "is my favorite place in the world."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll try to update as much as possible! :)