Status: work in progress

I Don't Want to Live in the Modern World

St. Jimmy

Billie put his hand on my shoulder to comfort me. I think I needed that. I was panicking on the inside. Being in another place was okay because it was plausible to go back home. But another year? How did this happen? "I think we should go in town y'know?" Billie said. "Maybe there's someone there that could help you."
"And who would be able to help me in this situation?" I asked him.
" I don't know. It was just a suggestion."
We were sitting on the ground and leaning against a giant pillar. Everything was silent except for a few birds chirping. But then there was a rumble of a car getting closer and closer. "We should go now." Billie said nervously.
I didn't question him. We got up and started walking in the opposite direction of the car. But it was too late. The car had stopped and I heard feet hitting the ground. I glanced behind my shoulder and saw a red mustang. It looked shiny and brand new. Three guys had gotten out o the car and were walking behind us. "Hey chump. You finally got a friend to come here with." One of them said with a laugh.
"And it's a girl. You bangin' her?" Said another one.
The other guys laughed. "Go to Hell." Billie stopped and turned around.
"That's no way to talk to your superiors."
Billie laughed. "You? My superiors? Yeah right."
He was slowly walking towards the guys now and they were just standing there. The guy that looked like the leader was leaning against the pillar that me and Billie were just sitting against. "Guys I think we need to show him that we are indeed, his superiors." The leader said.
The other two ran up and grabbed Billie's arms and were trying to hold him still because he was struggling. I threw myself between Billie and one of the guys, trying to get them to let go. But he hit me in the stomach with his elbow and I fell down. I started to get up. "You do that again and you'll get the same as him." The leader threatened.
"Come on, Kevin, she's a girl." Billie said to him.
"Do I look like I care?" Kevin asked.
Billie looked livid. "Now where were we? Oh, yes. We are you're superiors, you little punk."
With the two guys still holding Billie still, Kevin cracked his knuckles and pulled his arm back. His fist was 2 inches away from hitting Billie directly in the nose when someone shouted "Hey!"
I turned my head to look who said it. A few yards away a guy was walking towards the scene. He had brown, spiky hair and his clothes looked all ripped and baggy. "Drop him!" He shouted.
"Well well well it's 'Saint' Jimmy." Kevin laughed.
"Yeah it is now drop him." Jimmy was now a foot away from Kevin.
He took out a switch blade from his pocket. The two guys dropped Billie and walked to the car, nervously glancing at the blade. "You won this time." Kevin growled and got in the mustang. They sped off and soon their car was out of sight.