Status: work in progress

I Don't Want to Live in the Modern World

Mike Dirnt

"Come on let's go into town. Maybe get something to eat." Billie said.
Saint Jimmy agreed. I didn't understand why we had to call him 'Saint', Billie said that he wanted people to call him that and he got mad when they didn't. Billie didn't know why either.
Jimmy took the lead and headed us in the right direction towards town. I thought I was going to die from the heat, I hadn't had anything to drink in a day. Nobody talked and I just heard our footsteps. "Why are you called Saint Jimmy?" I finally asked.
"Because, like a saint, I am good and virtuous. At least to those who deserve it." He said without looking back at me.
"I thought saints were supposed to be good and virtuous to everyone."
"Everyone in their religion, and music is my religion so everyone that enjoys my music gets my kindness."
"Oh." When I thought about it, it actually made a lot of sense. Most of the people who didn't like my music were usually really mean to me.
A minute passed and we were walking on a sidewalk with rows of houses behind them.
"We should pick up Mike on the way." Said Billie.
"Yeah, good idea." Saint Jimmy replied.
Every once in a while I saw a palm tree, which excited me because I never had seen one before. We came to a particularly boring looking house and walked up the pathway. Billie knocked on the door. After a few seconds another boy with brown hair and blue eyes opened the door. He had a Sex Pistols shirt on which I very much liked. "Hey Dirnt." Billie smiled.
"Thank God you're here, my sister was just throwing a fit for no goddamn reason." He said. "Who's that?"
He motioned towards me. "That's Gloria. Found her this morning under the bridge. She's not from around here." Billie told him.
"Cool, I'm Mike Pritchard. Or Dirnt, because of my bass." He smiled and shook my hand. "Hey Jimmy."
Jimmy nodded. Billie, Mike, Jimmy, and I walked back down the pathway. We kept walking, Jimmy leading the way again. I hoped we were getting food. And sure enough, a few minutes later we were walking into a small diner. It looked old. If I was by myself I probably would have walked right past it without noticing the place. "The waitress here always gives us free pancakes." Billie whispered to me.
The diner was decorated to look like the 1950s. I thought it looked really cool and classic. We all sat in a booth. Jimmy glanced at a clock on the wall. "Oh shit guys, I have to go. I was supposed to meet her." He said and got up and left pretty fast.
"Her?" I asked.
"His girlfriend. He won't tell us her name or anything about her, so we just call her Whatsername." Mike told me.
A waitress came over with 3 glasses of water. Her hair was silver and she had wrinkles and crows feet at the corners of her eyes. When she handed me my glass, I tried not to look too dehydrated and took small sips. "I'll be out with the pancakes in a minute." She smiled.
The waitress walked back in the kitchen. "So did you come up with anything yet?" Mike asked Billie.
"I have a few ideas, but none of them are really good. Did you talk to him?"
"I tried but he avoided me. I think he knows what we want."
"What are you talking about?" I was so confused.
They both glanced at me and then Billie said, "We're going to start a band."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been really busy. :(