‹ Prequel: Zoned
Status: Part Two

Zoned: Waking Up

A Bit of a Predicament

I woke up to a quiet rumble of the bass to a song blaring through the house. I felt Richi roll over and get her phone off the bed side table. She eventually got out of bed and went into the bathroom. I sat up as she flushed and I rubbed my face.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Sadly, it's not even 11." Richi said as she dried her hands. I groaned and fell back down.

"Why do they do this to us?" I complained.

"They have work to do, dude." Richi started changing into something else.

"Yeah, well I have work to do, too."

"And that would be?" Richi said as she put her hair up.

"Sleep."

"Don't we all? Now get up and get dressed. We have to look like we just woke up."

"We did?"

"Yes, but we have to make it look cute."

I groaned and sat back up. Richi walked out of the room and I was left alone in bed.

"Bitch! Shut the door!" I yelled. Jorel walked by and started shutting the door and then said, "Wake up, fag."

"Go fist yourself, Jorel." I smiled. He did a weird little tsst sound and shut the door, finally. I got out of bed and brushed my hair and then put it back up in a ponytail.

When I went into the living room, the music was loud. Matt and Danny were in the kitchen cooking breakfast, and George and Jordon were on the couch playing some racing game on the xbox.
"Where's Richi?" I asked.

"Morning, sleeping beauty." Danny said as he poured pancake batter into the pan.

"Her and Dylan went into his room. Probably fucking." Matt said. "You can go knock, but it'd be we-" "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH SUCK ON THAT, FUCKER!!" Jordon interrupted as he stood and celebrated his victory in the game.

"Fuck you." George said.

"Guys, we should head to the recording booth around noon and start the new songs." Jorel said as he came out of his room.

"Yo, I just got a call from my buddy, Wes, and he said we're all invited to this dinner thing down town." Dylan said as he and Richi came out of his room.

"What's it for?" Jorel asked.

"He got promoted or something and he's 'being recognized for his work' or some shit. It's like a company dinner and he said we're invited. We can bring dates, too. So puss-up, boys!" He said.

"Why would we go? We don't even know Wes." Jordon said as he paused his game.

"Free booze." Dylan said.

"Good enough for me! When is it?" George asked. Jordon and Matt chuckled.

"Like 8 tonight. We can go to that club thing again afterwards."

Richi looked over at me and then walked towards me. "We need to talk, A." She breathed.

"Excuse us. We need to go pick out outfits or something." I lied. Rich led me to our room and shut the door behind us.

"We work tonight, A. What are we gonna do! We haven't had to do this before! We're living with them and we can't just 'stay home' like we do on work nights!! They'll notice us leaving!"

"Shit you're right...we can always say we don't feel well?"

"The both of us? And every work night? I don't think that'll work, dude. We can just say we actually got jobs?"

"They'll wanna know where we work, though. And they could drop by one of these days and see that we aren't where we said we'd be. They'd find out eventually." I said.

"I know, I'm just thinking." We stood in silence for a moment, until she said, "We could say we're going to go work out? Leave in sports bras and sweats? I mean we do work out and it wouldn't be suspicious."

"Yeah, and they wouldn't think it's weird that we didn't tell them where our gym is."

"Exactly. But how are gonna get out of the dinner tonight? We can't skip it by saying we already had plans to work out."

"Fuck, you're right..."

"This is more complicated than it should be."

"I got it: we could go to the dinner, and since our shifts start at 8:30, you could pretend to not feel well and I could be all 'I'll go take care of her' and all that. They'll be going to the club anyway, so they'll be home late. And we'll be home before them at like 1 or something."

"Okay sounds good...but what if they don't go to the club?"

"Maybe we should tell them to go to Circles instead. They don't usually pass up the strip club."

"Okay...so do we actually have to get ready for this dinner thing?"

"We have to put our stripper make-up on, I know that. So that'll be weird." I said. "Okay, so the plan is that we wear our make-up like we do at Neverland, then we come home, grab our outfits, go to work, and get home by 1am. Got it?"

"Yeah, sounds good." Richi and I left the room and walked back into the living room. All of the boys were grabbing pancakes and bacon from the kitchen and sitting at the dining table. "Oh, pancakes." Richi said as she walked to the kitchen.

I hope this works, I thought.