‹ Prequel: Zoned
Status: Part Two

Zoned: Waking Up

Vanessa

"Vanessa, Where are you going!?" Jorel yelled from our front door. She stormed down the apartment steps and didn't say a word to him. Richi and I stood behind him and watched.

"Goddammit, LISTEN TO ME! You never listen when we argue! You just RUN AWAY!"

"Fuck, Jorel! You are ALWAYS WITH THEM! YOU DON'T SPEND AS MUCH TIME WITH ME AS YOU DO WITH THOSE TWO BITCHES!" She yelled back as she stood under the balcony.

""Bitches!?" I said. Richi nudged my arm and sternly shook her head at me.

"Not our battle, A." She said to me. She held my hand and we both continued listening to J and Vanessa.

"I CAME OVER HERE TO TALK TO MY FRIENDS. IN A TOTAL PLATONIC WAY, TOO! You ALWAYS get jealous of them and there's nothing to get jealous of!"

"Excuse me?" Richi said. I nudged her and did exactly what she did.

"It's not our battle." I mocked.

"YOU ARE ALWAYS HANGING OUT WITH THEM! LIKE LAST FUCKING NIGHT! YOU WENT TO A MILLION PLACES WITH THEM AND DIDN'T CALL ME ONCE!" Vanessa started tearing up. Her words were shakey.
"You don't even spend time with me, anymore, J. You're breaking my heart."

It got quiet. Jorel rubbed his face with his hands and turned around to look at us. He gave us a look and we knew exactly what it meant.

"Jorel, you're building a house and you invited them. You guys are moving in together! And that JUST FUCKING SUCKS BECAUSE IT'S LIKE YOU'RE EVEN CONSIDERING MY FEEL-"

"VANESSA, SHUT UP!" Jorel interrupted. Vanessa stood there with and open mouth and sad eyes. Tears started streaming down her face, but there was no sound from her. "Look, I love you, but this is out of control. Your jealousy has escalated to extremes and I hate how I can't even have female friends without you thinking I'm cheating or ignoring you. Fuck, I can't even hang out with the guys anymore because you are always texting or calling or wanting me to hang out! For fuck sake, I'm not going to cheat on you with one of the guys! We don't sit around and talk shit on you! Matt and Dylan love hanging out with you! You don't see me freaking out that you're their friend! I understand that me moving in with the girls is probably really shitty, but they can help with rent and we like having them around. Sorry if that's not your cup of tea, but it's going to happen."

"I just want to spend time with you..." Vanessa said quietly.

"THEN STOP ACTING LIKE A CRAZY BITCH! GOD, YOU'VE TURNED INTO HARPER! REMEMBER HOW SHE NEVER LEFT MATT ALONE FOR EVEN AN HOUR!? YOU ARE DOING THE SAME. FUCKING. THING. I'M TIRED OF IT!" Jorel exploded.

"I HAVE BEEN TEXTING AND CALLING YOU ALL GODDAMN NIGHT AND YOU NEVER FUCKING ANSWERED! I WAITED UNTIL THIS MORNING TO TRY AGAIN AND YOU STILL DIDN'T FUCKING ANSWER! I don't know how, but I had a FEELING YOU'D BE HERE! YOU KNOW WHAT MAKES IT WORSE? THE FACT THAT I WAS RIGHT! WHEN I DROVE UP, I SAW YOUR FUCKING CAR AND JUST LOST IT! I HAVE BEEN IN THE PARKING LOT FOR HALF AN HOUR, CRYING, BECAUSE I FELT LIKE YOU WERE CHEATING ON ME! That's when I got mad. I walked to the front door and came in because I was going to catch you in the act! I walk in and see you and THOSE FUCKERS IN BED! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK, JOREL!?"

"Okay, first of all, I was helping Richi! She was CRYING. I actually came over here to tell her something and to make sure her and A-Rad were alright! I'm not that heartless, Vanessa! BUT CLEARLY I AM! CLEARLY I AM TOO MUCH OF AN ASSHOLE TO BE WITH AND YOU'RE TOO MUCH OF A SUCCUBUS BITCH TO BE WITH!"

"What are you saying?" Vanessa's voice was quiet. There was a pause for about 5 seconds before he took a deep breath and said, "I'm saying we're done."

"Done?" Vanessa said. Her words sounded faint and like there was water in her throat.

Richi and I slowly backed up and let them argue. We could see people across the hall and in the courtyard staring. Children stopped riding bikes and watched us. Everyone was quiet. Richi went all the way back inside, and I stood in the door way. I was about to shut the door, when Vanessa started screaming, "YOU DID THIS! YOU FUCKING WHORES DID THIS TO ME! YOU RUINED THIS AND I HATE YOU BOTH! I HATE YOU!" There were so many tears. She was so mad. Her voice was terrifying and she looked so hurt, I felt so bad. She was our friend, but we didn't even do anything!

"VANESSA! Enough! People are staring and I think you should just go." Jorel didn't look at her. He's seen her like that before, but he knew he was the reason for her to be like that. "I'm sorry, V." He turned around and came back inside. I shut the door behind him and looked at Vanessa.

"I HATE YOU! I FUCKING HATE YOU!" She screamed as I shut the door. I looked through the peephole and saw her collapse to her knees. A woman and a man helped her up and the woman started talking to her. She left my seeing distance when she started walking through the main gate.

"That was brutal...." I said to myself. Jorel was sitting on the couch. His back facing me, I couldn't tell if he crying or mad or what. I slowly walked over to him and asked, "Are you okay, J?" He stood up and looked at me.

"When do you two want to move in? The house is actually ready." He said casually.

"What? I thought you said it wouldn't be for a few months?"

"I got a call this morning, from the builders, and they said that they were ahead of schedule and that they're done. We can start moving in tomorrow."
♠ ♠ ♠
Well aint that a bitch?

Apartment