‹ Prequel: Zoned
Status: Part Two

Zoned: Waking Up

Perfect Timing

"Okay, losers, get out of the car and let's start recording this shit!" George yelled. Everyone cringed a bit from his voice.

"Dude be quiet." Matt said. We all slowly got out of George's car and walked inside. I walked next to A-Rad and then Jordon came up behind and whispered, "Go talk to him." and he ran beside A. I turned around and saw Dylan walking behind us with Jorel. I sighed and waited for them.

"Hey, can I talk to you, Dylan?" I asked. Jorel quickly walked ahead of us and left us alone. Dylan sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Sure."
We stopped in the middle of the parking lot and talked.

"Okay, why are you being such an asshole? I didn't do anything." I started.

"I'm not being an asshole." He said casually.

"Dude, that little stunt you just pulled in the car? That sucked. What the hell was that about?"

"It was a joke, Rich. Sheesh..."

"Bullshit! That was you being mean because you're pissed! All because of the thing with Scribs? Who even cares if I slept with Tommy! You clearly do! You clearly have this huge fucking problem with it when you only treat me like your buddy! Or better yet, your 'sister'!"

He took his sunglasses off and looked at me with a stern face. I kept yelling.

"You haven't made any indication of liking me in any way so why can't I sleep with your friend, huh!"

"Well I'm sorry that I don't know how to fucking express my feelings, Richi!" He yelled back.

"And it's not like I purposefully did it with him! I didn't even fucking KNOW it was him-"

"Who did you think it was, then!? The damn Pope!?"

"Of course not, you ignorant fuck!"

"Then who!"

"No one!"

"WHO!"

"For god sake, YOU, DYLAN!"
His eyes were still cornered but he looked more relaxed. He sighed out of his mouth and kept looking at me. I looked the same. I took a deep breath and looked back at the studio doors. Dylan's face eased up and he chuckled.
"Why is this funny all of a sudden?" I asked annoyed.

"Just....how'd you think it was me?"

"I was really drunk. Everyone was blurry and you were on my mind. I thought you were Scribs but you weren't. Simple as that." He chuckled and looked at the ground. "Why do you even care, anyway?"

"Oh I don't." He looked back up at me.

"You don't? Really? You are the WORST liar I have ever met." I smiled at him.

"You know I'm not a mushy romantic type of guy." He smiled back at me. He looked happy and relieved. His plaid shirt was wrinkled from him messing with it. We just stood there, staring at each other as the wind began to blow. "Okay, I'll give it a shot: Richi, even though I don't know your real name, I still feel like I know you like the back of my hand and shit," he looked around and then back at me, still smiling, "Uh well, we've known each other for a while and I started to think you were pretty cool after about a month or so after meeting you. You're 4 years younger than I am, which isn't bad since you're 20, and I didn't really think much of your age when you were only 16. I still thought you were cool...Okay I'm really bad at these things, dude."

"You're doing a good job." I was smiling like a loser and blushing like crazy.

"Fuck, okay. Well long story short, I-" "YO, COME IN HERE NOW! SOMETHING HAPPENED! HURRY!!!" Jorel yelled from the studio.

"The fuck?" Dylan said as he ran to the doors.

I stood there irritated. "Are you fucking kidding me?" I said to myself. I sighed and walked to the studio. "Just fucking perfect. Great timing, J. Fucking fuck.." I mumbled to myself as I walked down the hall.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dylan's Outfit