Status: New. Yay or Nay?

Re-population.

He chuckles, "Eric."

They're coming back, a shiver runs down my spine as I heard shuffling behind the barricaded door. Little hands clung to my shirt as I shakily held a handgun in my fingers. I glance at it, noticing the safety was off and looked towards the now banging sound.

"Shelley," my brother whispers, whimpering. My eyes soften as I look down at him, he stares up at me and all I could see was fear. I lean down to my knees, placing the gun onto the floorboards and put my hands on his shoulders, "You have to run when I tell you, okay?"

He only nods, tears forming into the corners of his golden orbs. I stand back up when another bang and then scratching is heard against the door. There's only a matter of time before they start banging and banging once they smell our flesh.

Suddenly, glass smashes from behind us. I gasp and spin around, Tyler is whimpering even louder and I feel sorry for him - that he has to be in this situation so young. I slowly creep towards the sound, tensing when I hear a shuffling and a groan. My heart pounded against my ribcage that it almost hurt. I sucked in a deep breath and moved more towards the sound.

I turn to the kitchen, the window is smashed and a figure is laying on the floor. I swallow some build up in my throat, "Who is there?" I demand. The figure moves and another groan before they speak, "Don't shoot. I'm hurt."

I let out a breath of relief and run over towards the figure. It's a boy with light blue orbs, dirty flannelette shirt and scuffed jeans. He was holding a blood-stained hand to his knee and I knelt down. I glanced to Tyler who was across from me near the window. "Tyler, get down," he does as I say and I pull away the boy's hand.

It looks like a bullet wound. I frown, "Did you get shot?"

He nods, "Yeah, some wanker thought I was a walker."

A groan was heard from outside the broken window. Everyone in the room tensed up. I look at the boy and whisper, "Are you able to move?"

"If I have to," he sighs. I nod and he goes to stand, I lend him a shoulder to push himself up on and lean. Tyler comes to my free side, clutching to my dirty green tank top that starts to look brown. I bend slightly to grab the handgun and we start walking out of the kitchen, only to hear a screech of something inhuman.

Tyler gasps, looking behind us and I knew it was a walker. "Fuck, run!"

We all ran, Tyler was in front of us and opened the back door. The guy was grunting in pain as he did his best to run. "I know where to go, there's a car not far from here," the guy says and we both follow as he tries his best to run in front of us and away from the living dead behind us.

We're in the middle of the street. The midnight breeze soothes my flushed and ruddy cheeks as we run to our rescue. The guy jumps into a beat-up truck, the passenger side. I hop into the driver's seat and wait till Tyler closes and locks his door. I slam my foot onto the accelerator.

"I'll give you directions, just go forward and turn left at the first intersection. You'll be on a highway." I nod silently and do as he asks.

After awhile of being in this shaken world, it teaches you things. It teaches you to protect, harden your heart and move on. It especially teaches you to survive in the most drastic ways.
My brother and I came across this little old lady who took us in for a couple days, until we found out she killed and ate her husband. Dreadful, isn't it? But she had no food, so I guess you would go a little insane and cannibalistic.

Our breathing has calmed and the poor guy is in pain again, groaning. "Should I pull over?" I ask and he shakes his head furiously. I sigh, there was nothing I can do to ease his pain while driving. "Tyler," I get his attention, "Grab that rag hanging on the back seat and give it to..." I turn my head to the boy, my eyes asking his name.

He chuckles, before hissing through his teeth, "Eric." Tyler doesn't say anything as he hands Eric the rag. I glance at him, tying it tightly around his knee.

"Where are we going?" Tyler asks timidly.

Eric glances between us both, "Somewhere without those walkers."

No one says anything as we drive on the road, moonlight shining down on us and high beam lighting up our path.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I use the term 'walker' from The Walking Dead. It's the best term for a zombie, I reckon.

Anyway, hope you enjoy and if you want to see more comments would be appreciated.

:)