Stay with Me

Night Out

The alcohol running through Harry’s blood right now has caused his vision to become blurry and his limbs less controllable but still the brunette and the blonde haven’t had enough of their drinks yet.

Harry pushes himself up before stumbling his way over to the bar. “Two Long Island Ice Tea’s…” He slurs, throwing up two fingers before letting his head hang low. “I’m too drunk.” He laughs to himself as he carefully pulls his head up.

His eyes get caught on two girls sitting in the corner, one with wavy brown hair and the other with dark brown hair. Even through the blurry vision, his mind can’t be fooled and immediately a wave of pain is sent through his body. He’ll recognize this girl anywhere; out of thousands of people he’d be able to find just her.

An angry growl leaves his drunken lips as tears are starting to form in his eyes. “Fuck this shit.” He then mumbles to himself, quickly looking away from the two girls at the table. “Add a couple of tequila shots to that as well. You know where we are.” He then tells the bartender before stumbling back over to the table.

“I got us all some tequila…” He then grins quickly downing what was left of his prior Long Island Ice Tea. “And guess what…?” He slurs, hiccupping slightly in the process of forming his sentence. “That fucking slag’s here…” He laughs angrily, causing all the boys to tense up.

“Maybe you should stop drinking, mate.” Louis offers to his friend, already knowing the answer will be ‘no’.

“I’m fine. I won’t talk to her!” Harry calls out, putting on a brave smile (or at least what his mind tricks him into believing is a brave smile) for his friends.

°°°

To: 020 4652 9872

Are ye kidding me, mate?! Ye ducking slag!


Harry was very much focused on his fingers, struggling to pull them from one side of the screen to the other in order to type another letter. Harry then dropped his head onto his pillow and silently prayed that the room would stop spinning soon.

°°°


A chuckle escapes Elizabeth’s lips when she sees Harry’s initials appear at the top of her inbox list. She opens the text without glancing at the preview; she already knows it won’t be good. She saw the curly headed man get carried out of the bar by his friends, but as they did she carefully hid behind Esther. She’s more than willing to admit that in that moment she had been a coward.

A quick laugh escapes her as she reads the text the two short sentences he managed to send her in his clearly mortal state. The surprising sound coming from Elizabeth’s lips causes Esther to immediately look up from the book she’d been reading and lay a deep and intense stare on her friend. “What’s so funny? You haven’t laughed in days, Ella, whatever it is… I’m happy about it!” Esther says as she carefully puts her book aside.

“Oh… yes, it’s lovely… Harry sent me a text to call me a slag…” Elizabeth answers her friend, who seems clearly disappointed about her answer. “A ducking one though… because everyone knows an iPhone just loves to fuck with drunk people.” At that a small giggle escapes Esther’s mouth as well.
“Are you going to answer him though?” Esther asks, reaching for her book once again. Now that she knows what’s up, she’d much prefer to go back to the wizarding world – the drama there is of a whole another level.

“Maybe… probably not. I’m going out jobhunting later.” Esther quickly nods before putting her focus back on the fifth out of the seven Harry Potter books as Elizabeth cracks open an egg on the side of a bowl.

She carefully puts butter in the pan. As she waits for it to turn a gold colour she rereads Harry’s message one more time. Something is telling her to answer him, maybe it’s her ever-burning desire to always have the final say in every conversation or it could just be the fact that maybe she just misses him.

Elizabeth isn’t just missing Harry. It’s not just her mind or her heart missing him, it’s her whole entire body. It seems to be achy when he’s not around; she’s more tired without him to keep her spirits up. She’s slowly falling back into old patterns with Harry absent in her life.

She sits herself down at the table, a nicely baked egg in front of her joined by two toasts, and still her eyes are locked on her BlackBerry screen. “If you don’t start eating, I’ll do it for you.” Esther calls out, pulling Elizabeth out of her focus.

“Are you alright with me staying here? I promise I’ll get my own place soon… or at least start paying rent. I hate living off other people…” Elizabeth asks Esther, finally breaking focus from the message on her screen.

“When you find a job, just help me with rent and we’re good. I like not being alone all the time.” Esther smiles as she pulls one of the two toasts from Elizabeth’s plate. “Start eating Ella.” She then commands causing Elizabeth to roll her eyes playfully.

She carefully rips a piece of toast off, dipping it in the yolk of her Sunny Side Up. As she’s chewing away on the bread she also grabs a hold of her Blackberry, quickly typing and sending a message to her old friend.

To: HS

Hope your hangover’s not too bad. Brush your teeth, “mate”. You have a dirty mouth… and if it weren’t for that, I bet it stinks anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave comments people...