Status: Updates every Friday @11 a.m. PST

Alpha Omega

Preface

Her feet were bruised and muddy. The sky let out another thunderous boom and lightning lit the darkening sky. Charlotte continued running, keeping her green eyes forward. She dared not to turn her head. The rain stung her eyes, blinding her slightly. But, she kept running - away from her problems, away from the monsters. The young girl thought back to her life before she was forced to move in with her grandmother.

Charlotte thought back to when her life was normal. When she didn't have to look back in case anyone was following her. She wanted those days back. By the time she was thirty, she'd get grey hairs from all the stress she was feeling. The young redhead shook her head, trying to forget those thoughts. There was no way she was going to go back to "normal" - whatever that meant anymore.

The black t-shirt and jeans Charlotte wore were wet and clung tight to her body. Her skin was turning a sickly pale and goose bumps covered her arms. She had to keep running. She couldn't stop, not when they were after her. Why were they even after her to begin with? She couldn't even remember. That, or she didn't want to. Her tears and the rain mingled causing her eyes to sting even more. What was the point in running? It never got anyone anywhere.

That was the sad truth.

Charlotte couldn't feel her feet any longer - not even her legs. It felt like she was just flying through the forest. The tall trees loomed over her small form. Dark dots soon blurred her vision, oxygen didn't seem to make it to her brain quite right. For some odd reason, she thought she saw something move in front of her. She didn’t realize she tripped over an overgrown root until her chin collided with a rock.

Breathing deeply, Charlotte brought herself to her hands and knees. She couldn't breathe. Every breath she took burned her throat. Her red hair was a wet tangled mess and hung over her eyes. Not too far from where she fell, Charlotte heard the sound of something running towards her. She choked on a sob, not able to move anymore. Everything was numb.

"Shit, shit, shit," a voice muttered. "Damn it! Charlotte, stay awake. I'm taking you home. Please, just stay awake."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a little earlier than 11, but I wanted to have this out. :) I hope you enjoy this.