Losing Control

When I Feel In Control

I open my eyes and groan. What was that bang?
I hear another noise and sit up straight. Someone is in my apartment. Someone is in MY apartment. Hell no. My hand reaches for my pepper spray and knife in the top drawer of my nightstand. Whoever is here will regret it.
Breaking into my house....
Are they stupid?
The footsteps grow louder as they near my room, and I get up and open my door, holding the spray out.
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?"
I blink and stare at the intruder. Melody. "What the hell are YOU doing? What's your problem? Coming into my house without a call to say, 'Chic, don't be startled, I'm coming'....Shame on you!"
She glares at me. "Well, if you would've answered your phone I wouldn't have had to!"
"Do not flip this on me! What time is it?
"It's nine in the morning. Were you sleeping?"
I roll my eyes. "I sure as hell wasn't walking around!"
"Will you both shut up?"
What. The. Heck? A chill rolls down my spine. Jordan's here? What? "Uh...hey." I give a pathetic wave and shoot Melody my You-Are-Fucked look and she puts her hands up in the air.
"Why didn't you call me back? Do you not get how worried we were?"
"I'm not a five year old! I do not need to be frickin' checked up on whenever I storm away!"
"You just left! Did you not check your phone last night? Oh wait, it's off! You turned it off! That freaked me out and I can't imagine what Melody was thinking!"
"She was probably thinking that I was okay and that I just needed time! That's what normally happens whenever I leave without an explanation. Why are you here?"
"Because I care! If I didn't care, then I wouldn't be here!"
"You don't care! You don't know me enough to care!" Melody looks between us both, the rage in our eyes apparent, and backs away. I point my finger at her. "No, you're in this!"
"Marisol, calm down. Just listen to--"
"No! You aren't supposed to bring people here--and what do you do? You bring him here! I trusted you with--"
"Wait, why aren't I supposed to be here?"
She didn't tell him...Or did she?
"Marisol, why aren't I supposed to be here?"
"Because you're not."
"Why?"
"Because you're--"
"Because she doesn't want people to know that she lives by herself ever since her mom threw out her things, and her, to the curb."
Melody covers her mouth and I just glare at her. Way to go, girl. Blurt out my secret to the whole school next time. I bet they'd make my life harder than they do now.
"She kicked you out?"
"N-" "Yes"
"When?"
I look at Melody. She's doing a great job answering my questions, why doesn't she continue? "Two months ago."
"Why?"
"I don't know the full story...she never told me."
My hands clench and unclench. In about a few seconds I'm going to swing...My buttons are being pressed and I don't like that. Don't do it, Marisol. Do NOT hit one of them.
"Marisol, why did she kick you out?"
"She just did."
"Marisol, listen, I get that you don't want to tell me, I mean, I'm not as close to you as Melody, but I just want to help you."
"I don't need help...I'm perfectly fine." Lies. I'm behind on my rent payment that, I have a cell phone bill to pay, I need to get food, and I need to pick up a second job since the first isn't cutting it.
"Babes..."
I look at Melody. "What?"
She sighs, grabs my hand, and pushes past Jordan to my room towards my balcony. "Jordan, we'll be right back."
Out of a natural response, I cross my arms across my chest and wait for her to say something.
"What is going on?"
"I don't appreciate you bringing him here."
"He followed me." I raise my eyebrow at her. "He did, I swear on my kitty."
"How?"
"I woke up on a couch, he was on the floor with his friend, Tyler, and I checked my phone and noticed that I didn't hear from you; he checked his, noticed the same thing, and I said I'd check on you, but he said he was coming and wouldn't take no for an answer, and here we are."
She's keeping eye contact with me, she isn't blinking too fast or too slow. She's telling the truth. Wow. "Okay...Sorry."
"It's fine...But can you just tell me what happened? The last time you left like that..."
I nod my head. "I know. Just...it was a good reason."
"Why can't you tell me?"
"Because I need to come to grips with it."
"Marisol Rose, tell me what happened."
"I can't...I'm sorry."
I can see the disappointment in her eyes, much like the look I got from my mom, but hers is mixed with care. That's why Melody is the only one I trust...partially.
"It's okay, you'll tell me everything when you're ready, I suppose..."
"I will. I promise. One day I'll get crazy honest and blurt everything out."
She laughs. "I'll keep ya to that. Now...I say you go buy that boy breakfast for making him come here and him get nothing in return. Ya feel me?"
"I feel ya, girl, all the way."

First let me say, I didn't expect him to say yes.
Second, Melody left us alone. Again.
And it's awkward.
Great.
I'm leaping with joy.
Maybe I should apologize...yeah, that's a good idea.
"I"m sorry...I'm not good with being confronted like that." I whisper playing with my iced coffee.
"You weren't really being co--Okay, maybe a little."
"Exactly."
"I'm sorry that you felt like you were being confronted, but you do realize why we freaked out, right?" I nod. "So, why didn't you expect that?"
"Because I didn't expect her to bring you." I look him dead in the eyes. "She promised to never let people follow her and to never let people know that I live alone."
"Why is that?"
"Because the school still thinks I'm living with my mom, and will continue to do so for the next two months until I'm seventeen and can seek emancipation."
"Can't you do it when you're sixteen?"
"Yes, but I want to wait just a bit longer for that to prove that I have been able to support myself financially and whatnot."
He nods his head. "You are really one strong cookie."
"Yeah..."
"But you don't like confrontations?"
I shake my head. "I get nervous, I don't come out as strong--my voice shakes a lot, in case you didn't notice--and I don't feel like I have the upper-hand."
Don't look at him. Don't do--Awh, you didn't listen to me! He's completely eyeing you down right now like you're crazy. Nice job. Scared him away, I'm sure.
"You like having control, don't you?" I nod. "Why is that?"
"When I feel like I'm in control, I feel stable. Stability hasn't been the easiest thing to come by, if you didn't notice, and that's why I'm afraid of relationships, friendships, arguments, commitments, and all that good stuff."
He nods his head, then looks up at me. I swear, he's looking right into my soul. "What if I help you over come your fears?"
♠ ♠ ♠
THANK YOU ANGIEWHISKEYHANDS FOR BEING MY MAIN GURL IN ALL OF THIS, I LOVE YOU <3

You keep me going!

Guys, come on, please comment if you like this!

I'm dying here!

Angiewhiskeyhands is the only one commenting, makes me feel discouraged a little bit (LOVE YOU GURLLLLL ALWAYS KNOW THAT XD YOU FEEL ME?), and it'd be nice if someone other than her would say if I'm doing good or not.

Thanks for reading!!