Losing Control

Why

Those words...
Jordan stares at me, clearly expecting an answer, but how do I answer that?
Is there any possible way?
"What?"
"What if I help you overcome your fears?"
The way he says it so nonchalantly makes me shiver. "I don't think you'd be able to."
"It's worth a try, right?"
"I'm more fucked up then you think."
"I like to be challenged."
He's not going to change his mind...Balls. "I don't think I can let you help me. Miss Independent right here doesn't like being helped."
He smirks. "Well, she doesn't have a choice in this matter."
"Oh really?"
"Um hm."
"And why is that?"
"Because I said so."
"So demanding."
"So untouchable."
"So annoying."
"I'M annoying?"
"No...."
"Didn't think so."
"You like being right, don't you?"
He shrugs. "Everyone has their little peeve, and being right is one of mine."
I sip my iced coffee and smile. "That is a true statement."
"So, tell me about yourself."
"I like long walks on the beach, bubble baths, reading romance nov--"
"Okay, okay, Miss Sarcastic. Let's be serious here."
"Whatever you say, mother. I like the beach, music, singing, drawing, animals, I'm a Pisces, short-tempered, strong yet weak, shy at first, guarded, carefree, forgiving, and I can't wait to get out of Ohio. You?"
"I miss the beach, I'll leave Ohio after I graduate; I like to play guitar, draw, cause a bit of trouble, dogs, music, I'm a Scorpio, self-disciplined, stubborn, and strong-willed."
"Nice."
"I could say the same to you."
We sit in silence for a bit longer, then my phone goes off. I stare at it, not wanting to interrupt this moment--what moment? I'm not entirely sure--but I have to.
"Hello?"
"Oh, you answered the phone for once in your life."
Mom. "I always answer."
"Whatever. Listen, I need a hundred dollars."
"Okay...?"
"You're going to give it to me."
"No I'm not."
"Yes you are. I don't care if you don't want to."
"It's not a question of wanting to, it's more along the lines of barely being able to afford rent and having no money to spend on anything else. You'll have to--"
"You have barely enough money to pay rent, yet you're going to Dunkin' and getting stuff there? Real mature."
My blood freezes. How does she know this?
"Listen, I'll give you until the end of the week, then you give me the money or else."
"Or else what?"
"Or else there will be consequences, brat."
The line clicks. She hung up. Okay...Um...
"Are you okay?"
I nod my head and get up. "Yeah...yeah I'm fine. I, uh, I have to go."
"Marisol, you look like you've seen a ghost."
"I'm okay."
"You're lying."
"If I am, I am."
"Who was on the phone?"
"Who do you think?"
"Judging by the reaction, your mom, but that's just a shot in the dark."
"A pretty good shot. Bye."
He grabs my hand and makes me look at him. "Don't run from me, I'm trying to help."
"I know...but, sometimes, I can't be helped. I'll talk to you later, I have to find another job. Quick."
"How much did she want?"
"What?"
"I'm assuming she wanted money."
I raise my eyebrow. He is not this good at guessing. "How much did you hear?"
"Enough to be worried, she's a loud talker."
"Oh."
"I'll spot you the hundred, just pay me back like a few bucks--if you can--at a time."
"No. I'm not ta--"
"I don't care if you won't take it, but I'm giving it to you and that's that."
Why doesn't he just take no for an answer?
And why don't I get annoyed like I normally would?
"I can't..."
"Why not?"
"Because--"
"If you go on about how it'd make you weak or whatever, save it, I'm not buying that."
Dang it. "But--"
"No buts, I'm giving you the money and you'll just pay me back like a dollar a week or something."
"A couple dollars a week, I'm not taking a hundred weeks to pay you back."
"BUT it would give you a reason to see me at least once a week."
"Oh, so now I need reasons?"
"Yes, yes you do. You don't get to hang out with me anytime you desire. Ya know, I'm a busy man....All the girls up here seem to like my accent."
I grin. "You have an accent? It's gone away, I'd hate to say, I can barely hear it."
"Tease."
"Just some trickery, my friend."
♠ ♠ ♠
AYE YO GUYSSSSS!!

CHECK OUT MY GIRL

angiewhiskeyhands 's story!

JUST CLICK ON HER LOVELY NAME IN MY COMMENTS AND BAM! READ AWAY!

It's a fanfic, so if ya'll like PTV, ya'll will like it.

So, comment on here if you like it! I know you guys are reading these chapters...I can creep on the number XD

Please, guys, comment..
~~Abby