Losing Control

When The Times Get Tough

I toss my bag onto my love seat and collapse on my rug. Two jobs. Fourteen hours when you throw in commute. No food. Welcome to my life. I've missed two days of school so far because of how much I'm working, showed up late to four, and left early on a few. I work the doubles on the weekend.
The end of the week came and went, and now, three weeks later and another paycheck into both jobs, I've finally made enough money to pay Jordan back and to pay the bills. Ugh.
My phone goes off and I groan, "Now what?" Sighing, I grab it and answer, "Hello?"
"Hey, did you finish the project for...whatever class that is?"
I smack my forehead. "Shit, no. It's for Intro to Painting, by the way."
"Oh yeah, duh, I knew it was an artsy class."
"Melody, what else do you want?"
"Um...What do you mean?"
"You only call when I work doubles when you need something."
"No I don't..."
"Don't pull that with me, you know it's true."
"You've only worked for the past three weekends and you already know my trick! Damn you!"
I roll my eyes. Leave it to her to be the drama queen.
"I just need to know if it'd be okay for me and Jordan to come over."
"Yeah, that'd be perfect, actually."
She chokes on something, probably a drink. "Really?"
"Yeah, just give me--"
"Dude, we're here, be right up."
"No, I have to take a sh--"
"Get all cleaned, I have a key, and I know my way around the kitchen, relax, baby girl."
"Alright, bye."
"Bye."
My legs scream at me to stay where I am and fall asleep, but I have a project to finish...after a much needed shower. God I feel disgusting.
Where do I work? Well, I waitress at an Olive Garden four days a week, and then I work at a local "fast food" place. I smell like fried food. I hate it.
"Better get going..."
I get up, grab my bag, and walk the long distance of ten feet into my room and grab my pj's off the ground, then go into the bathroom. My iPod sits on the sink next to my dock, and I smile. Jam time. I put "Killing You" by Asking Alexandria and begin to sing turning on the water, and getting inside.
The water feels amazing...
"You love me for all the wrong reasons. I'm not the same as I used to be. There's nothing," I hum the rest I don't know, "What's killing me, is that I'm killing you!"
Next, some Flyleaf comes on. Sweet.
I'll give or take twenty minutes later I'm done. Drying off with a towel, I sing louder. This is why I love being alone, no one to hear me sing. "Wait, you said I'd only had to wait until I die...There is no such thing as time, inside this moment no sunrising...." I slip on my underwear and shorts along with my sports bra. "Wait until I cry, new horizons." Another song comes on. "I know this language of yours, I used to speak it so well!"
I walk out into my room and toss my dirty clothes in a basket/bushel (**I call my laundry baskets a bushel...Iknow, I'm probably the only one haha**), letting the music echo through the rooms. I squeeze the ends of my hair out and head into my kitchen.
"Hey, girl, I hope you don't mi--PUT SOME CLOTHES ON, SWEET BABY LUCIFER!"
My eyes grow wide. Melody...I turn slowly and see Jordan sitting on a chair, one hand covering his eyes, though one finger is moved up slightly, which leads me to believe he's peeking.
"Oh...uh...Yeah, I'll be...yeah..." I quickly go to my room, grab a hoodie, and turn off my music.
Melody sits on a counter, sipping gingerly at some hot chocolate, a smug look on her face. She knows that I walk around in my bra after a shower, she did this on purpose...Evil girl.
"Thanks for yelling that ya'll were here." I grumble, snatching her hot chocolate.
"Heyyyy," She whines, "give that back!"
"Nope, I bought this, so I own it."
"Then you own this jacket and pants."
I look down. "I'll be damned...when did you steal that stuff from my closet?"
"This afternoon! Jordan took me out for some Chinese, and I got you some, which is in the fridge, but I may just take that back if--"
I shove the mug back into her hand and run to my fridge. "Thank you, you kind soul! I don't eat at work that much!"
"I know, that's why I got it. You're starting to look a little thin there, buddy, you eatin' okay?"
I shake my head. "Between the stress and work and school, I have no time."
"That's not good..."
"I know, I know, but there's nothing I can do about it."
"Yeah there is, it's called, 'eating'. Ever hear of it?"
"Melody, I go to school for seven hours a day, I work until ten thirty, and I do not get home until eleven. When do I have time?"
Jordan closes the fridge after taking my food from my hands. "Sit down, work on your art thing, I'll get this for ya."
"No, really, I can--"
"Hush, I got it."
Melody smiles, so I figure I should. "Okay then."
I go into the living room, leaving those two alone. I feel like they like each other...cute. Upsetting, but cute. Sitting on the floor, I stare at my poster board. My teacher let me bring home some of the acrylic paint, so I'm all set...Now...
Now I just need to think about what to paint...
"Here you go." Jordan sets the plate next to me.
"Thanks." I grab the fork, shoveling some rice into my mouth.
"So, what are you going to paint?"
"No idea."
"You just thought about it?"
I nod my head.
"Procrastinate much?"
"All the time, actually, I'm a pro."
"I COULD HELP!"
I snap my head in Melody's direction and see her running towards me with a sign. "NO! YOU MESSED UP MY LAST ONE!"
"LOOK AT THIS, THOUGH! JORDAN DID IT AND I HELPED! HE SAID I DID GOOD!"
He mouths, "She's crazy" to me and I laugh. "Okay, silly, show me it."
She turns it around slowly, a twinkle in her eyes. Finally, it faces me. My jaw drops..
"Oh my God..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys....
there were no comments last chapter...thanks.
I'd hate to be annoying and ask for some, but come on. I'm dyin' here!

I won't be on until Sunday, probably because I have homecoming tomorrow -_-Ugh.

Well...Tell me what ya'll think, please!

~~Abby