Status: I want to do some story about people with abnormal abilities, so... Here we go.

Trapped Number

I'm A Six

I was scared, afraid of what everyone might think. I was going to school for other people like me. A school were you have powers, supernatural abilities that make you different from the Normal. The Normal’s are people who don’t possess any powers. It’s rare that a girl is anything but a Normal, but for me, I’m a Level Six. A person whose power isn’t under control, so in order to understand how to maintain my powers, I will go to Feren. Feren is a high school just for people like me. Considering most students there a male, which makes sense considering only males usually get to be a number, I’m a bit nervous.

I twirled a strand of my messy unruly raven locks, biting my lower lip. It tasted like cherry, thanks to my chap stick that I tend to overly use. The uniform was an overly tight white dress shirt, forcing me to learn how to pull off a tie. The skirt was checkered red and black, cutting off at a little past my knees. Apparently whoever made these outfits had no idea how curvy a girl could be, or did they just expect us to be flat chested? Perhaps the makers were just a bunch of perverts, waiting for the girls to unbutton a few buttons just to be able to breathe. I would rather suffocate, thank you very much. You could wear whatever shoes you pleased, so I decided for a pair of my brown lookalike combat boots. Finally, I was ready. I didn’t exactly wear a lot of makeup, just enough to hide some of my freckles. Thank you a lot sun!

My younger brother barged in my room, not knocking as usual. “Ecko, the bus is here.” He said with a toothy smile, ruffled auburn locks falling in his face. Just like me, I know he will end up going to Feren. Although he belongs there, unlike me. I’m a girl, not a male. “Thanks,” I replied as I grabbed my backpack, flinging it over my shoulder, running out the door, and immediately racing down the stairs. My mom was ready with a piece of toast, which I graciously bit into, and stuffed the rest into my mouth. Grabbing the orange juice I gulped it down in a matter of seconds, earning a scowl from my mom. She hated when I acted like this, although she knew how nervous I was, she didn’t give me the lecture about how I should start acting more ladylike. “Bye mom,” I said as I managed to sneak in a small hug, turning my gaze to a small picture of my father. “And dad,” I added, sliding the door open, and racing off towards the bus. My father had disappeared a few years ago, it was a big thing on the news just up until recently. I still believe he is alive, although I’m probably just naïve. Mom on the other hand says I’m just acting like a child, and that I should wake up to reality. I know she doesn’t want me to be hurt when I find out the truth.

Once I seated myself on the bus I looked around. Just as I figured, all males. Awkward… They’re all staring at me. Whispers, laughs, pointing. I felt my face reddening, tightly holding onto my skirt. One boy in particular looked at me for only one second, narrowed eyes, and quickly looked away. He looked disgusted, as if I was some abandoned dirty mutt. “You all don’t need to be so shocked. Girls can be a number too, in case you dimwits weren’t aware.” I yelled boldly, lifting my head up high, and flicking my hair over my shoulder. Crud, I did it again. Saying something I shouldn’t have. The boy that looked away as if I was trash only managed a laugh, shifting sideways in his seat until he faced directly at me. “Girl, you are an idiot. Speaking freely on a bus with a bunch of number one and two’s, that’s one of the biggest mistakes you can make. Level six’s, like yourself, don’t speak unless they are asked to. Even so, you must address us by Sir or Ma’am. Don’t think you’re all high and mighty just because you made it into the academy. Just like all the other filthy girls who go here, learn your place. Once you do, you’ll wish you were just a Normal.” My mouth draped open, eyes wide. Just who the hell is this blonde bimbo speaking to? Plus, weren’t numbers just a way to group you into a class? It wasn’t as if it was a way you can judge other people. Everyone starts off at a level six, not just me. Usually I wouldn’t hesitate to snap back, yelling back until I’m out of breath. But I held it all in, taking a small breath, and nodding my head. “Jerk,” I muttered quietly, and thankfully, he didn’t hear. Little did I know that the academy was nothing how I pictured, and that guy’s words, would actually get my through the soon to come horrid school year.