Status: Complete!!! Please enjoy! Leave comments also! Recommend also! They mean the world! =)

This Is What Makes Us Girls

Us Girls

“Remember how we used to party up all night?”

Britney looked at me and laughed while she shook her head. “Do I remember? Hell, it feels like it was yesterday!”

I rolled my eyes and smiled. Yes, it did feel like it was yesterday. A lot of things felt like it was yesterday when I was in this place.

Tall trees surrounded me, heavy blasts of wind pushed my hair back, and the green grass was almost to my ankles when I stood. I closed my eyes and relaxed. Yes, this was the place where it all started.

It all started with:

Sneaking out and looking for a taste of real life

I was new to this town, and I wasn’t exactly the most, well…outgoing girl. But…apparently I was one of the prettiest.

Which was why Britney quickly picked me up on the first day of school and later became my best friend.

“So, how about we go party tonight?” Britney asked me.

“What!” I yelled a bit with my eyes widening. She had to be joking.

She rolled her eyes and laughed. “Do you understand English?” She teased with a smirk. “I’ll pick you up around seven or so.”

“But-”

“Britney baby!” A handsome looking guy said, heading our way. He wrapped his arms around her and gave her a deep kiss. I looked away and bit my tongue. Oh-kay then, I thought.

“You get used to it.”

I jumped a bit when I heard a voice suddenly beside me. I looked up at a guy who had dark hair, and sharp green eyes.

When I didn’t say anything, he smirked and ran a hand through his hair. “I’m Jason.”

“Oh Jason! You’re here!” Britney said, finally breaking away from her boyfriend. “Jason this is Lana, and this here is Daniel, my boyfriend.” She clarified as she wrapped her arm around the guy who gave her a kiss.

“So, Lana, are you going to the bonfire tonight?” Jason asked me, narrowing his eyes a bit, but it honestly looked more like he was checking me out.

I opened my mouth and looked at Britney, Daniel, and then Jason. I wanted to fit in right? I wanted to have friends right? I wanted this to be a better, and more fun life right?

I nodded.




Drinking in the small town firelight

I laughed as Britney handed me another bottle of liquor. Mmm, I thought as I felt it go down my throat.

“Good huh?” She said with giggles as we made our way back to the campfire.


Sweet sixteen and we had arrived
Walking down the streets as they whistle “Hi, hi!”


I nodded my answer and then heard two whistles from behind us and we both turned around. It was Jason and Daniel with smirks on their faces.

“What are you two wonderful ladies wondering around all by yourselves?” Daniel teased. Britney giggled and I rolled my eyes chuckling.

“I got an idea guys…You up for it?” Jason said as he took a swing of his beer.

“What is this mysterious idea exactly?” I asked with an eyebrow raised. My head was feeling a little bit woozy.

He laughed and placed his arm over my shoulder. “Just roll with it sweetheart.”

I blushed and rolled my eyes again. “Whatever. Let’s do it!”

“Atta girl!” Daniel smiled wide and took Britney’s hand. “Lead the way Jason.”

Jason led us away from the campfire to a small gas station that was nearby with two empty police cars.

“Uh, Jason…what are we doing here?” Britney asked, her face scrunched up in concentration.

“Take a wild guess.” Jason replied with a smirk and kept his eyes on the police cars.

“Oh no…” I said under my breath.

“Oh yes.” Jason said with a chuckle and looked at me with his green eyes.


Stealin’ police cars with the senior guys

“Nice Jason!” Daniel said smiling wide.

“What! No no!” Britney exclaimed but couldn’t help but show a small grin as well.

“Ready?” Jason asked me and held out his hand. I looked at it and heard the small voice of my first period teacher telling me I wasn’t doing the right thing by hanging out with these three people.


Teachers said we’d never make it out alive

But I pushed the thought away, smirked, and took his hand.



A whole year passed.

A whole year where I was a different person. A whole year where I lived a fun life. A whole year where I was actually happy.

A year that had brought Britney and I closer. Close like sisters who were inseparable.

A year that I had also fallen deeply in love with Jason. We began dating the second month I arrived to this town. All had been good until these last couple of weeks. Jason had been very distant and I tried talking to Britney about it, but she was too busy with her own problems. Which was understandable.

But what really sucked, was not being able to tell Britney that I had broken up with Jason a week ago.

I hardly went out of my room. I hardly talked to anyone. I hardly ate. I hardly did my school work. I hardly went to work. I hardly did ANYTHING!

I had fallen in love with a player. The biggest player of all!

Or so I thought until Britney showed up on my doorstep with her head down.

I opened the door and stepped out. “Hey…” I said softly and saw that she carried her black high heels in her left hand and heard her sniffing. She lifted her head and I automatically knew what had happened.

Her bloodshot eyes and running mascara gave it away.


There she was my new best friend
High heels in her hands, swayin’ in the wind
While she starts to cry, mascara runnin’ down her little Bambi eyes:


“Lana, how I hate those guys!” She whispered through her tears.

I closed my eyes and knew there was nothing I could say at that moment. So I did the only thing that I knew would help; I opened my arms and let her cry on my shoulder.


“Why Lana! Why didn’t I see that coming!” Britney asked me, drawing my attention back to present day.

Britney and I had still kept in touch even after the three years we spent apart. It wasn’t easy, but we did it anyway.

“We always hope for the best. We always hope for a prince charming. We always want to be the princess Britney, yet we end up crying. We are always blinded by what we think is the truth. We pull away from those whom we should stay close to. We put this thing, this magic, this treasure first. This thing is what we call love. And this “we” I’m referring to, is us girls.”

This is what makes us girls
We all look for heaven and we put our love first
Somethin’ that we’d die for, it’s our curse
Don’t cry about it, don’t cry about it
This is what makes us girls
We don’t stick together ‘cause we put our love first
Don’t cry about him, don’t cry about him
It’s all gonna happen