Status: In Progress <3

Letters to Jack

Six

December 14th, 2012

Dear Jack,

Happy birthday to me. I’m now 25 years old and hopefully we’ll be back together before you turn 25, too. I wish that we could just stay seventeen together. Those were much simpler times. Sadly, though, that is not the case.

I was discharged from the hospital two days after my surgery, and right now I am taking a break from building various furniture items that I bought for the apartment. Who knew that building a simple bookshelf could be so hard? It’s probably really easy and I’m just over thinking how to build a simple set of shelves, but you know that I’ve always been like that.

Perhaps in a few weeks I can send a letter with a return address on it, and you can come and live with me finally. That is, well, if that’s what you want to do. I suppose I’ve just been assuming that we’re going to live happily ever after when you may not even be reading these letters, or maybe you are but you just really hate me for leaving without a goodbye. I honestly don’t blame you if you hate me – I hate myself for this. This is not your fault, I can promise you that. I am the only one who can take the blame here because I didn’t clean my skeletons out of the closet sooner.

I am so sorry, Jacky. I wish I didn’t have to leave, but it’s the best for both of us, I promise. Someday this will all be behind us and we can start a new life together if you want to. Jack and Alex. Alex and Jack.

Jalex will be forever,

Alexander William Gaskarth