Status: In Progress <3

Letters to Jack

Seven

Jack put the sixth letter down in the pile he had been making of already read letters, letting out a deep breath that he didn’t even know he was holding. The now old and frail man searched through his memory, trying to remember what he had been up to when he was 24 and Alex had left the band.

“Jack, you can’t just keep sulking around forever. You need to realize that Alex is never coming back for us.” Rian informed me, trying to pull me up off of the couch I had been previously occupying at my house.

“Yes, Alex is coming back for us! He said it right here in hi-“

“No!” Rian yelled, cutting me off as he snatched Alex’s latest letter from my hands. “He’s been writing letters to you for months, Jack, do you really think that he means what he says? Alex has a lot of money already, you know that he made more for being the pretty little singer and there is no reason for Alex to have to struggle to buy himself a one-bedroom apartment in whatever city he’s currently living in. This is all bullshit Jack, and you’re the only one who hasn’t seen it yet.”

“Unlike you, I’m trying to give him a chance,” I spat, taking the letter back and storming off to my bedroom.

“All Time Low is hopeless now, Jack, and so is the possibility of getting our old singer back. Zack and I organized auditions this Saturday for a new singer, just to let you know.” He called back, leaving me angrier than before.

“How dare you try to replace Alex?” were my final words on the matter before slamming my bedroom door and slumping down on my bed. 'If these sheets were the states and you were miles away, I’d fold them end-over-end to bring you closer to me…' I sang quietly to myself, remembering the song from Don’t Panic that reminded me so much of this situation. Perhaps Alex had written it because he knew that he was going to leave soon. I tried to push that thought out of my mind as I researched local punk bands in the Baltimore area, searching for one with a singer who had a voice similar to Alex’s.

Too bad nobody could replace Alex Gaskarth.


Jack pulled out the next letter, turning the envelope over a few times in his hands, hesitant to open it. On the back, Alex had written a note on the flap.
I hope you don’t hate me. This letter should explain everything that I’ve been keeping from you. Even if you haven’t read the others, please just read this letter and let me explain.

Jack remembered receiving this letter. It was the single most heartbreaking moment of his entire life. The moment when it seemed as though everything around him was made of glass as his world shattered and crumbled to pieces around him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll just leave this here for a little while