Between the Raindrops

Not Slow At All

Abigail’s POV:
November 20th, the day I meet Cameron’s family. We walk into the restauraunt and his dad stands.
“Hi, I’m Geoff.” I shake his hand and his mom walks over.
“I’m Melissa.” I smile and everything is perfect. I remember Cameron saying his parents are divorced so I don’t know what to call them.
“Nice to meet you. I’m Abby.” I tell them and his mom smiles.
“Believe me, he and his grandmother have told us about you.” Two girls walk up to me.
“I’m Anna.” The oldest of his younger sisters. I remember he complained they would have one year of school together.
“I’m Bridget!” She’s adorable and looks like she’s about 10 years younger than Cameron.
“Hi, Bridget.” I say and she hugs me. Cameron laughs and we go to sit at the table.
“Can I sit by Abby?” Bridget asks and I smile.
“She already likes you; that’s a good sign. 7 year olds are hard to win over.” Cameron tells me and I laugh, but I’m glad at least one person likes me already.
"Cool." I say.
“Alright, Bridget, but I get to sit on the other side of her.”
“Okay.” She says and runs to her seat. “You sit here, Abby.” She points and I sit next to her.
“So, Abby, what are your plans after high school?” His mom asks.
“I plan to attend college, hopefully where everyone else is going, and I would like to get a degree in teaching. High school English.” I tell her and she smiles.
“You already have your future set.”
“That’s me; I like to plan ahead so I know where I’m going in life.” I tell her.
“Alright, I like her, Cameron.” I look at his dad and Anna.
“Don’t look at me. You seem to make my brother happy so don’t ruin that.” She smiles.
“What’s your opinion on horses?” His dad asks me.
“I’ve ridden once, but I’m not a big fan.”
“Oh, she’s no good.” I start to freak out until he laughs.
“We’ll have to work with her.” Cameron says and I grab his hand.
“You just love finding things I’m bad at, don’t you?” I ask him.
“It’s not that hard.” I try to be hurt but I’m laughing too hard.
“Maybe we should go golf again.” I suggest and he kisses me.
“Okay, I’m sorry, please don’t kill me.” We all laugh and it’s nice; I feel like I belong here. When the night is over he walks me out.
“It’s only 8; we still have two hours before my curfew.” I tell him and he smiles. He takes me to his grandma’s house and we run up to his room and play music.
“I’m surprised she’s out. She must be shopping or something.” He tells me and I laugh. He leans in to kiss me and that kiss leads to his shirt coming over, which leads to my shirt coming off.
“Cameron?” I ask him.
“Do you want to?” He asks me and I nod.
“Cam, I’m home.” We hear and I grab our shirts. He turns the music louder and we throw our shirts on, trying not to laugh.
“Hi, sorry, he was just about to take me home. Can’t miss curfew.” I say and run to his car.