Between the Raindrops

Sweet Surprise

Abigail’s POV:
“Cameron, you’re back!” I jump in his arms and he spins me around.
“It’s nice to see you, too.” He laughs.
“Meet anyone you like better?” I ask him and he looks at me.
“Absolutely not.”
“Good. Now, go unpack and do whatever you want. We have tomorrow.” I tell him and he kisses me.
“Yes we do.” I watch him unpack stuff before heading back to my dorm. Alex is gone for the summer, but she’ll be back in a few weeks, sadly. I’m not sure what time I fall asleep, but I’m up by 8 the next morning.
“Cameron, here I come.” I run to the beach where he told me to meet him around 11. He’s sitting there with his guitar and my breath catches. Cali remembered.
“Hey, Abby, how are you?” He asks.
“Amazing, Cam. How are you?” I ask him.
“Kind of tired; more than I expected to be.” I lean my head on his shoulder.
“This day is beautiful.” I tell him. We spend most of the day in the water. Around sunset he pulls out his guitar and starts playing Between the Raindrops by Lifehouse ft. Natasha Bedingfield. When he finishes he pulls a box from his pocket.
“Abby, I love you more than anything. Thank you for supporting me this first tour; it means a lot to me. We don’t have to get married anytime soon, but will you marry me?” He asks and opens the box. I let tears fall.
“Wow.” I say when he opens the box. The ring is gorgeous, but that’s not why I say my next words. “Of course.”
“I was hoping you would say that.” He slips the ring on my finger and I look in his eyes.
“This is better than alright.” I tell him and he kisses me. I push him away.
“Alright, message received.” We laugh and watch the sun set.
“Cam, I love this ring.” I say.
“I could tell by the 'wow' from you when I opened the box.” I look at the sand and he pulls me closer to him. “You’re cold, Abby, maybe we should get you home.”
“No, we should stay here forever.” I tell him. There aren’t many people left and he looks at me.
“Abby.” It’s all he has to say for me to stand.
“Fine, but you’re walking into the dorm room with me. I don’t want you to leave right after we got engaged.”
“Then we’ll start looking for a place.” He says when we get in the room.
“Wow, he hasn’t left yet?” Alex asks. When did she get back? Why?
“No, in fact, he just proposed, thank you.” I say and kiss him.
“But seriously, if you want to, we can.”
“That’d be nice.” I bite my lip. “We’ll look after we’ve chosen a date for the wedding.”
“You should finish college and the band should get a little further.”
“Cam, that puts us around 21.”
“And that’s still young to be getting married.”
“Then why did you even propose?” I ask him.
“Because I love you and I want you to know I’m always here for you. I’m not going leave you because there is no better offer.” I kiss him.
“I love you!” I hug him and finally let him leave.