Between the Raindrops

Wedding Drama

Abigail’s POV:
“Cali, stand still, would you?” I ask her as I try to fix her dress. She’s at a bridal fitting and her wedding is five months away. They’re getting married April 21st. Zach proposed the day after Cameron, three months ago.
“I’m trying, but this dress is too tight.”
“Suck in!” Claire yells, trying to zip up the back.
“Don’t you think I would if I could?” Cali yells. I stand up and walk out.
“Next size up, please?” I ask and Cali pokes her head out.
“Or, let me choose a dress I like.” She walks out, the dress unzipped. She walks the store and comes back fifteen minutes later.
“That dress is gorgeous.” I smile and we help her in.
“Cali, you’re gorgeous.” Claire says and I think she’s going to cry. Cali spins and smoothes the dress down.
“Do I have enough money for it?” She asks and I look at the price tag.
“You’ll be way under budget. I hope I can find a dress like this.”
“Maybe you should start looking.” Cali tells me.
“No, Cam and I haven’t even picked a date yet. I’m still working on college.”
“So am I, but that’s not stopping me and Zach from getting married. We’ll both be 20 by then and that’s good enough for us.
“It’s not good enough for Cam. Aren’t the guys touring soon after that?” I ask her.
“Yeah, they are, but I’m okay with it. We’ll have a wedding, a honeymoon, and a few months to be together. We obviously won’t focus on kids yet.”
“Good idea. You don’t want to be pregnant while he’s touring.” Claire says and I shoot her a look.
“But if that ever did happen they would be fine because she has us.” Cali looks at me.
“What if I do get pregnant and then he tours?”
“You’ll be fine. You don’t need to worry about it, Cali. Give yourself some time to enjoy being married, get through college, and just breathe.” She looks at me.
“Okay, no kids yet. I’ll at least wait til you two are married.”
“Hey, Mikey hasn’t even proposed yet. Don’t wait too long.” Claire says after Cali shows her mom and Mrs. Porter then changes out of her dress.
“Claire, sweetie, he will. Just let him do it on his own time. He won’t want to lose you or be far behind the others.” Cali tells her and she laughs.
“I guess that’s true.” We walk out and Cali pays for the dress.
“They’ll have it ready in a month and the bridesmaids' dresses ready the week after. Can you believe I’m getting married?” She asks.
“No, I can’t.” I tell her.
“Abby, are you gonna cry?” I shake my head, and then tears fall.
“Maybe.” I say, laughing and crying.
“Geez, are you pregnant?” Claire teases me.
“No, I’m not. One time it almost happened and you get teased forever.” I laugh and we walk out of the store. Mrs. Porter and Mrs. Jennings are talking about something. Probably caterers, or flowers, or something.
“Go find your man.” Cali tells me.
“I will. We might actually pick a date today.”