Between the Raindrops

Jealousy

Cameron’s POV:
“How are you?” I ask her and kiss her.
“Pretty good.” She kisses me again.
“Cameron?” I hear.
“Hey.” I smile at her.
“Do you remember me? You played a concert in Utah when I was visiting my aunt, so she took me to see you guys. I’m so glad you guys are officially signed now. That video was great!”
“Yeah, of course. You were the only one with a light blue poster.” She screams.
“That’s awesome!”
“Talia, right?” I ask her and she screams again. Okay, I think that’s her name.
“Cameron Quiseng remembers me!” I look to my side and Abby is gone.
“It was great talking to you, but I have to go.” We aren’t even that well known yet. Abby’s gonna freak when we get more fans.
“Wait, don’t I get a picture?” She asks. I hug her and smile while her friend takes the picture. I run after Abby and find her crying.
“Abby, hey.” I sit next to her.
“I can’t do it, Cameron. I swore I would for you, but I can’t. She was so pretty and obviously has a bikini ready body. I’m jealous.” I hold her close to me and let her cry.
“You have no reason to be jealous. I love you, Abby.”
“But I’m not pretty or skinny.”
“No, you’re beautiful and perfect.” I kiss her and she smiles.
“Can we pick a date for the wedding? I mean, it can be years from now, but I want a set date.” I laugh.
“Of course you do.”
“Maybe an August wedding.” She looks at me. I wipe away the remaining tears from her face.
“The 12th.” I tell her.
“August 12th, two years after I graduate?” She asks and I nod.
“Sounds like a perfect date.”
“It makes us both 23; I think that’s a good age to get married.”
“So do I.” I kiss her.
“Can you believe Zach and Cali are getting married soon?” She asks me.
“Kind of. They really love each other.”
“Yeah, they do.”
“Don’t tell anyone, but Mikey wants to propose to Claire.” She squeals.
“We just talked about this. When?”
“I don’t know; he wouldn’t tell us. I think it’ll be in the next few weeks.” She smiles and then her face falls. I look and see girls pointing and nodding.
“Go talk to them; make their day.”
“No, I’m with my fiancé.”
“Cam, don’t ruin your image before you have one.” She kisses me and starts to leave.
“I’ll call you later.”
“Let’s look at apartments tomorrow.” She blurts and I watch her face, waiting for an apology.
“Abby?”
“No apology this time. Let’s look later, okay?” She asks and I smile.
“If it’s what you want.”
“You aren’t going to lecture me about us being too young or anything?” She asks and I laugh.
“No lecture.” I tell her and she laughs then her smile disappears.
“Crap. I just remembered the new rules. I have to live on campus for my last two years.” I hug her.
“It’s okay; we’ll be fine.”
“We have later, I guess.”
“Of course.” I tell her and she relaxes. She leaves and I go talk to the girls.