Between the Raindrops

Perfectly Amazing

Cameron’s POV:
“Cam, I want kids.” Abby says and I choke on my coffee.
“What?” I ask her. I just turned 22 not that long ago.
“Not right now, just one day, I want kids.” I look at her.
“You, my dear, are crazy.” I tell her and she laughs.
“But that’s why you love me. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a college graduation to get ready for.”
“My little teacher.” I smile and she tries to get out of my hug.
“Cam, you’re going to ruin my dress.”
“Awww, don’t take my fun away.” I smile and she shoots a rubber band at me. It’s weird to see her dorm room so empty. She has nothing left except a mirror and what she needs for today. After that, it all goes back to her parent’s house. I’ve moved in with Brent so she’s getting her own apartment.
“You’re not even supposed to be here, Cam.” She smiles.
“This isn’t our wedding; I’m allowed to see you.” She laughs.
“If I had anything else to throw, I would.”
“Remind me not to make you mad when we’re living together.” I tell her and she laughs.
“Hopefully you never make me mad, Cam.” I remember what Zach told me about her when she gets mad.
“I’ll never do that to you.” I tell her and she walks back over to hug me.
“You’re different than all the other guys, Cam. I would always say it with every new guy, but you really are different.”
“Maybe because we’re actually together.” Her eyes go blank.
“Probably.”
“Does it bother you?” I ask her.
“No.” One word answers.
“Can you say more than one word?” I ask her.
“No.” I hold her as she cries.
“Hey, Abby, don’t ruin your makeup.” She starts laughing.
“You are something else, Cameron Quiseng.” She goes to fix her makeup and put her earrings in. She’s going to be a beautiful bride.
“I love you.” I tell her.
“Wow, I’ve missed hearing those words.”
“It has been a while, hasn’t it?” I ask her.
“Does that mean something?” She asks me. She is not going to cry again.
“Abby, all it means is that we know so we don’t always have to say it. Sometimes love is more than just saying it.”
“Gosh, I don’t think I can make you more perfect in my imagination.” She smiles.
“Come on, you have a college graduation now.” She walks to the door and looks behind her.
“This is my last time leaving this dorm.”
“Are you okay?” She walks to the window.
“I screamed when I first saw you walking to the front of the building.”
“I remember that day. I looked over and you were freaking out.” I smile. Her hair was bouncing and her roommate looked mad.
“This is where Cali, Claire, and I spilt half a carton of grape juice trying to do some stupid experiment.”
“You didn’t clean the stain well.” I tell her and she laughs.
“No, we didn’t. Now I can't make any more memories here."
“How’s it feel?” I ask her and she looks around the room.
“Absolutely amazing.”