Between the Raindrops

Shocking Truth

Abigail’s POV:
“Maybe you should come inside, Abby.” Zach tells me. I see boxes all around me and most of their furniture is gone.
“We’re moving.” Cali tells me.
“That’s great! When do I get to see the house? Guys, this isn’t that bad. I’m so happy for you.” I tell them. This is nothing to be upset about it. They had no reason to hide it from me.
“No, Abby, that’s not what they mean.” Cameron sits next to me. I look at Cali and Zach; Cali starts crying.
“Zach?” I ask.
“We both decided with the new recording company being in Florida, it’d be smarter for me and Cali to move out there. I couldn’t take being away from her for so long.” My heart shatters.
“So what you’re saying is you’re taking my best friend away from me?” I ask.
“I don’t want Zach to be on the other side of the country for so long. Abby, you understand, don’t you?” Cali asks me.
“Of course I do. When do you leave?” I ask them. I can’t believe I’m losing two of my friends.
“The rest of our stuff goes out tonight and we leave in the morning.” Zach tells me. Now I know why Cali was so upset at my wedding.
“What? Why didn’t you tell me sooner?” I look at the three of them.
“That’s my fault. I didn’t want them to ruin things for you.”
“But now I lose my best friend. Thanks for caring, Cam.” I start to leave and Cali stops me.
“You still have Michael and Claire. We’ll talk all the time and can visit each other a ton.”
“Definitely. Have fun and tell me all about it.”
“Zach and I will have you guys out once we get settled in.” She tells me. Cam and Zach are talking, probably figuring out when he’ll fly out.
“Okay.” I start to leave and Cameron runs after me.
“Are you ready to go home?” He asks me. How could he keep something so huge from me?
“Actually, I’m gonna take a taxi somewhere. You can go home and I’ll be there later.”
“When will you be back?” He asks me. Tears are starting to fall.
“I don’t know! When I can figure out why my husband, the guy I thought cared about me, kept this huge secret from me! When I can comprehend that I may not see my best friend for a long time! Go home, Cam, I can’t look at you.”
“Let’s talk about this. They always say we aren’t supposed to go to bed angry.” I glare at him.
“Well I have to sleep eventually.” I tell him. I hate being mad at him, but he hurt me. I walk off and call for a taxi to come get me. I go to a bar and start drinking. The first one burns, but it gets better after a while. Around one in the morning I take another taxi home and stumble up the stairs. Cam’s waiting for me.
“Are you drunk?” He asks me.
“Maybe.” I slur and start to fall over.
“We’ll talk in the morning.” He helps me to bed and I pass out.