Between the Raindrops

The Right Thing

Cameron’s POV:
“This place is still amazing.” Abby says, a year after we’ve moved in.
“Yeah, it is, isn’t it?” I look around and it’s great to see her this happy. Cali, Claire, and Abby go out a lot leaving us guys to babysit, Tanner, Cali and Zach’s first son.
“Alright, it’s been a long day shopping for Kristine, so I’m going to bed.” Claire is eight months pregnant with a girl.
“I’ll be up later.” I tell her. Around 3 in the morning, I hear the sobs.
“No!” She yells. I knock on the door.
“Abby, sweetie, are you okay?” I ask her.
“I’m fat!” She cries back. She’s three months pregnant and I’m guessing she just started to show. I try the knob, but of course she’s locked the door.
“Let me in.” I plead with her.
“You don’t want to see me this way.” I hear the door unlock and walk in.
“What’s wrong? You still look beautiful to me.” I tell her and she dries her tears.
“Really?” She asks.
“Of course. You will always be beautiful to me.” I tell her and she smiles.
“You’re just saying that because you have to.” I kiss her.
“Maybe, but it made you smile.” She laughs.
“I hate showing, Cam.”
“But it means we’re that much closer to finding out if it’s a boy or girl.” She hugs me and I feel a kick.
“Cam, did you feel it?” She asks me and I nod.
“Yeah, I did.” I tell her.
“This is so exciting!”
“Abby, we tour in a year.” I remind her, but she refuses to drop the smile.
“I’ll be pregnant for six months, which you’ll be here for, then we have another six months with our baby. After that you’ll leave for a while, forced to come home to me and not run off with a fan, then we’ll plan our babies one year birthday.” Now her smile falls.
“What’s wrong?” I’m reaching for tissues.
“My baby’s growing up and it’s not even born yet!” The levee breaks and she’s sobbing.
“That’s still over a year away; don’t worry.” I tell her.
“We’re having more than one kid.” She tells me, drying her tears.
“I’m okay with that. Don’t get too crazy, but a few is fine.” I tell her and she smiles.
“Should we go back to bed?” She asks and I look at her.
“Could you honestly sleep again?” I ask her and she looks at the floor then back up with a huge grin.
“Wake up the others?” She asks.
“Perfect idea.” I kiss her. We run outside. She knocks on Zach and Cali’s door; I disrupt Mikey and Claire.
“This better be good since it’s-” Zach tries to find a clock.
“Four thirty!” Claire yells.
“I’m showing.” The girls run to her, well, Claire waddles, and they scream.
“You’ll hate it from here.” Cali tells her.
“Probably, but I have Cam for another year.”
“Hey, in six months, it’ll be worth it.” Claire says. No matter what time it is, it’s nice to see them together and happy.
“We did the right thing.” Zach says.
“Yeah, guys, I think we did.” I tell him.