Darling, Look at the Sparks

2/2

There's a ghost in my bedroom, it haunts me at night. I've asked him to leave, but he keeps stopping by. Just when I think that I'm alone, it shows up again with a friend this time. And now this is getting old.

Jack sat on the floor, crossed armed and crossed legged. Rian was in front of him trying to make him forget about the boy that has been his #1 for the past year and a half. A pout has made its home on Jack's face for the past three hours, he didn't want to let the thought of Alex go, he wanted to imagine him coming back to Jack and they could live happily ever after.

Rian was his voice of reason though, because it's been six months since Alex left and no signs of returning were ever left, everything in the house was gone. Even some of Jack's belongings that he had left over there just for Alex.

I don't know what to do. Metaphorically, this ghost is you.

The raven haired male has been a bit.. delusional since his best friend's departure, claiming to see him at the edge of his bed or seeing him around his apartment, even though Alex has never set a foot in his home. Maybe this was just something that will blow over Jack's head, it'll be gone soon and he can get on with his life, the life he lived before he met Alex.

That life wasn't the best either, and Jack didn't want to deal with his boring life of going to work, coming back home, and doing taxes and adult responsibilities. He'd much rather come home from his lame job and curl up with Alex on the couch and watch a movie. Possibly fill in the gaps with kissing and sex.

He'd much rather live like that than just live like a sluggish shell of the man he used to be.

Now this ghost in my bedroom it gives me advice, he promised one day that he'd teach me to fight. Now when I think that I'm alone, he comes up my way with a devil's smile singing, "This is now my home. You're my wish come true."

To Jack, it was like the image he has created of Alex in his mind stayed with him all the time. Lived with him even. Even when Jack left the house on some rare occasion that was besides work and getting the things he needed to live, he always saw the boy of his dreams.

He would die just to hold his hand again, taste him on his lips, and just be able to drag his bottom lip out with his teeth as Alex made an approval hum.

When you reach that golden cloud, I'll be there with you. If there were monsters in the closet, well, I don't think I would be surprised. I hear them call out from my window, they try and trick me to come outside.

A lot of Jack's dreams were haunted by the boy of his dreams, good and bad. Most were just complete wet dreams of Alex sitting in between Jack's legs, innocently looking up to him even though his perfect mouth was wrapped around Jack's dick. Of course with the cliche wrapped in a pretty little bow, Jack would wake up before he finally came. Left to sadly, deal with his problem alone because the boy that haunted his dreams left him.

(I won't let you down) We talked all day, I can't tell if he's real or a made-up version of her again.

Honestly, Jack was getting sick of the illusions of Alex. He wanted them gone, he wanted to live again. Not just waste his life hoping that Alex would come back in his life.

This wasn't a romance movie, it was about time Jack figured that out. Alex wasn't going to knock on his door and jump in his arms at any given moment. But Jack didn't want to lose hope in it.

Never alone 'cause I've got you. Get this out of my head.
No I won’t waste away my love onto something new. If there's only one way out, I'll come back for you.


*this shit be in Alex's POV or some shit yo*

Honestly, Seattle wasn't that fun of a city. Sure some things were cool about it, but it was just a city filled with assholes and Starbucks on every single street corner. The music scene was fantastic, bunch of local bands playing every week. Alex was sure they would make it big and would keep a good eye on them as they built their way to the top.

Although Alex didn't really fit in with the heavier scene, he can appreciate the bands that play.

If I get stuck out there forever, tell everyone that I said goodbye. You're on my lifelong list of wishes, and I could bring you back, but we don't belong here now.

Seattle was just another rainy city, it was crazy how much rain, fog, and depressing atmosphere that was around. He didn't understand how much bands loved it here, sure the music scene was to die for, but everybody in the city were asshole business people and hipsters with their white iPhones.

It was November so the town was at it's worse in the afternoon. Heavy rain and thunder in the sky. Alex never did like thunder and apparently, Washington had a yearly calender that states how the weather is gonna be this year. Mostly on the 5th year - such as 2005, 2010 ect. - it would snow heavily. But since this was 2013, all you got as rain, thunder, and lightning.

If he stays, well that just means I’ve got numbered days 'til I go back to my little world where it's just me and my imaginary friends. So go on, love, find a new direction, (hold my heart, keep it for protection).

Alex usually just spent his time roaming around the city, finding new things to do, and seeing how well he can cope without Jack.

Alex let out a long sigh, he had tried to not think about the boy he left behind. Usually he would always haunt him, especially at the local shows. Girls were desperate for a boy there and they'd flirt with Alex left and right, especially when he was in the bar attached to the right of the venue, all he would see is Jack when he looked at them.

Sure they were pretty, but they weren't Jack.

And don't get stuck on your way, the other side's a scary place. (Do your best not to be afraid), lose it all when we run away. (Letting go of the little things you know that I do).

He missed spending all his time with his taller 'friend', Alex didn't even know what to even call Jack. His friend, boyfriends, friends-with-benefits? It was all confusing, he just wanted it to solve itself so he can get on with his life.

But he knew the life he was living without Jack, all the way across the country from him, was meaningless. It all seemed useless without Jack.

He has spent six months in this city, trying to look for that missing piece of him that he has now figured out is waiting for him back home.

There's a ghost in my bedroom, and he's dying to meet you, God knows he's heard all about you. I guess he's friendly enough though. I'll see him more

Before he could really think of it, he sprinted from the venue - Alex was a little upset since he left during one of his favorite local band's set. He'll call the singer and apologize later, - and quickly got to his hotel room.

He pulled up his laptop from the corner of the bed and pushed the on button, impatiently waiting for it to start up. He bought tickets to the closest plane back to Baltimore.

He was finally coming home to Jack, he was dying to see him, touch him all over again.

Always sneaking roses in your bed, he's in your bed, says he won't let you down. He will, he will, he will.

*Back to Jack's POV*

The TV droned on and on in the background, Jack wasn't paying much attention to it anyways. It was only something to fill in the blank silence that filled his apartment.

He almost ended up smashing his head on the coffee table when his phone went off. Jack did plan on shouting at Rian but when he answered all he could make out was his friend's soft voice saying 'Alex'. That's all he needed to hear before he hung up, ran towards his room to get dressed, fix his hair a little bit, and ran out the door into his car.

All he could really think of is AlexAlexAlexAlex, hell that is the only thing he has thought of since he left. He knew Rian called because something must have happened with the house, his friend had somebody watch the house occasionally to see if anything new showed up. So far, nothing has happened but it must have for Rian to call.

Jack didn't care about the six hour drive, he needed to see Alex.

Softly, slowly how can I go down? I want you to notice when I let go.

He finally parked in the street next to the house, the sign was gone and there was a car in the driveway. A car that he remembered belong to Alex.

Jack couldn't breathe, he felt his chest tighten and stomach tie in knots, he hoped this was his Alex, finally back after six long months of being gone. He hoped he could circle his arms around Alex's waist while Alex circled his around Jack's neck and just share a long, loving embrace before finally connecting their lips together.

With that thought in mind, he scrambled out of the car almost falling flat on his face in the process, and ran to the door. Once he got there though, he froze. How in the hell is he suppose to tell Alex how he knew he was back? "Oh, I have a friend who hired somebody to watch this house for six months just to see if you were gonna come back, no big deal at all!", Alex would fucking murder him.

But while he was thinking, the door opened. All Jack could do was stare, Alex's hair got darker and he had some red mixed in with it. He still looked amazing to Jack though, and all he could really comprehend was Alex leaping into his arms, legs wrapped around his waist and his face buried in Jack's neck.

Softly, slowly how can I come down?

After three hours of long make-out sessions, talking, and just embracing, Jack could finally mutter the words that he has held onto for so long.

I love you so much, Alex.

Jack internally panicked when, at first, Alex didn't look at him. But when he looked up towards Jack with a small smile on his lips, he knew he felt the same even before Alex muttered the words.

I love you too, Jack. Forever and always.

Alex always meant it.

I want you to notice when I let go.