Weightless.

FAT UGLY PATHETIC

"It's not just a phase anymore Roberto! I don't know what to do with him......no...no....but Berto you haven't seen him....its unnatural "

He overhears his mother when he walks into the kitchen. Seeing him she gets off the phone quickly before turning to smile at him.

"Your father says hi. He loves Peru. Says the weather is lovely." He just smiles at her and nods. He grabs a recipe book off the counter and flips through looking for the most mouth-watering dish.

"You're cooking tonight?"

"Yes." Is his quiet reply.

"Good, good. We can sit down and eat. Talk about school."

"Okay mom." She leaves the kitchen. Uncomfortable being around her own son. He doesn’t mind though. Welcomes the silence as he takes out all the ingredients for a meal he won’t eat. He tastes a meatball, checking the flavor and making nothing of it. Until he eats another. And another. Drowning the whole pan in barbeque sauce and scarfing down the beef until Ana screams at him.

"FAT UGLY PATHETIC FAT UGLY PATHETIC FAT UGLY PATHETIC FAT FAT FAT ALWAYS FAT"

He sobs leaning over the kitchen sick and retching until the food comes back up. Half chewed in his starved frenzy. Mia makes an appearance. Telling him it’s okay. Guiding his fingers down his throat. He leans over the sink until there’s nothing but bile left

The linoleum floor is cool. Feels like heaven against his sore back. He stares up at the ceiling, not really seeing through his tears. Just wants to be thin.
And you will be they tell him.

His mother has her dinner delivered from a nearby Chinese place.
♠ ♠ ♠
So glad to have revived my love for writing.